Chapter ■ 12| Winter is coming

Minutes have passed and Espio hasn't come back from the room after he somehow felt embarrassed about something I don't even know why?

"Is there something wrong when I smile?" I thought as the embarrassment also mustered in me.

I said in a huff as the chameleon left the room and there are no trace of him coming back to the room, I shrugged and decided to put my plate in the kitchen sink and maybe clean it also if Vector wasn't around.

I got up with a bothered look, crossing my fingers and hoping that Vector wasn't around, His intimidating demeanor, reminds me of my father. But disappointment still reigns as my foot lands downward,  the usual Green color Mobian is the first thing I saw.

But this time, it is different... as I stepped closer to the dining I didn't notice that the Chameleon is also sitting next to him, all wearing a worried look, as their pens pushed back and forth, scribbling along the lines of paper while talking in huge numbers. My expression fell as I noticed Espio leaning against the table, worried and stressed. He appears to be exhausted.

"Should I ask what is wrong?"

"Maybe I can help!"

"wait... no... I do not think you'll do anything well (y/n), you'll just end up with Vector being mad at you."

With a sigh of defeat, I decided to do my business instead of interrupting their serious work. strange... from the time now as I open the water sink, the two would have already noticed me but no, they are far serious to write down those numbers... what are they even doing anyway?

with a shrug as I know I will never know what that is I continued my business, putting a good amount of dishwashing soap on the sponge before scrubbing my plate in the sink. While cleaning it, I heard their voices again but then I realized how low the voices were, I almost feel like I am eavesdropping, but who would dare to eavesdrop on the discussion between the two? I thought while drying the plates as well as putting them back into the closet.

"we're really getting short this month aren't we?" Espio sighed in distress. 

"*sighs* yeah...for the past week after this metal virus, real Clients are coming short... I don't think we have enough money to pay some other bills." Vector rumbled

"I think we can let the payment postpone on the water bill since winter is coming next month."

"What?! no!"

"why? we won't even use it when winter comes, have you forgotten that we're reptiles? winter only deals with us nothing but only pain."

"B-bu-"

"If you're thinking about Charmy, remember the last time we let that kid take a bath and played around the house during winter? his muscles got stiffened! Luckily I decided to check in the front yard or else he had frozen to death! so in conclusion, Water will not be essential for us in the meantime."