Chapter ■ 21| Quarrel hearts #2

"look at all those lights!" I said in awe as the streets of the Mobians filled with awe-striking lights along with people cheering, bunting-like festive hangs diagonal on the streets that shine in a hue of blue color, along with the confetti that flies like fireflies on tall grasses.

"What were we celebrating?"

"Well, eventually it is a commemorate, an award to us resistance who have saved Mobian's existence out of the metal virus."

"look here come's Sonic."

"Sonic..." the familiar name strikes an interest.

I gaze upon the streets and catches the blue hedgehog that had been avalanched by his fan, and to my surprise, his name lives up to it as he can able to assist all of his fans one by one with incredible speed.

"what a show off..." Espio muttered.

"You mentioned 'us' in the part of the resistance, if you helped save the Mobians. Shouldn't you three be on there as well?" I remarked, motioning to a group of Mobians who had all come to the performance. Their faces have been recognizable to me ever since I first encountered them on Starline's ship, and it's no surprise that they are also there to be honored.

"Well, we prefer to take the client task because of you know... money," he uttered in displease.

"and also we wouldn't want to be seen by the people all wrapped up with bandages you see," he added with a huff.

"well, that's reasonable," I said, touché, it would be a bad look for the Chaotix to run down the streets all dressed up like mummies.

"I assume we wouldn't get a chance to get to Tails with all of these fans, we might let ourselves pass the time, what do you say? You hungry?" Espio said changing the subject which immediately made my stomach churn in excitement.

"yep yep!"

"right, have you ever tried dango?"

"Dango?..." I tilted my head in confusion. which Espio understood what I meant.

"*chuckles* let's get some dango. I think it would be better if you tried it blindly." Espio suggested that made my stomach churn more, the amount of curiosity on it!

I nodded excitedly,  not even bothering to hide it. We entered the crowd of people making way for the exit of the parade.

"woah look at all these stalls... this is too many people," I uttered worriedly. Overthinking that someone will accidentally bump into me and revealed my metal hand. My sudden excitement let completely in worry, seeing me in the profound crowd all metal will be such a scandal, and the resistance will definitely see me and... and they will g-

"don't worry, it wouldn't be hard for you to blend with the crowd. Just keep calm okay?" he gaze up at my worried face and stare at the chameleon with a genuine smile etched on his face.

I smiled.

yeah why would I be worried, Espio is here.

I nodded as we started moving past the crowd, I held my hand tightly with the chameleon, as the beat of my heart kept pouncing from anxiety.

I shook my mind off and decided to drive it on the dishes that were held cooking live along the streets. All glimmers so shiny, as if it was made of gold, the waft of air concocted by the lavish aroma of garnishes made my stomach rumble more.

"Almost there."

And in one final squirm, I had finally the time to take and breathe in, walked through the other stalls that led to the dango stall that Espio was as I did so, the smell of deliciousness reached my nostrils.