Chapter ■ 18| Turnover

"ESPIO!" I hollered in fear, ears had come cringed as a zooming sound emitted, Rough had pulled the trigger with malicious intent before letting the device do its own job.

*Fzwoom!*

Espio grunted in pain as he managed to evade it by painfully scraping the knife that was protruding from his hand, face grimacing in pain as crimson blood began to stain his gloves.

With widened eyes, I saw Espio attempt to dodge Rough's attack, limping, his hands supported by another and I can feel the spasms of his hands from the recurring pain, I can't help myself to be mad and began rushing to Rough, although it was a foolish to think of that I am not that much of a person who knows how to fight, heck! do I even have the guts to dodge his gun, but Espio is badly hurt, Vector and Charmy are still immobilize and I am the only one who still in good shape!

But before I could even run, Vector called my name in pain, tugging my hand in an attempt to halt myself from surging to Rough, I faced where he was, confused as he was trying to stand up even though some pain hiss escaped his mouth.

"What are you doing? you're hurt!"

"I'll help E-Espio, go save the hostages."

"H-hostages? there are others here?!" I said in a frantic.

"yes, Espio said they are upstairs. please t-take them to safety while I hold them off."

"b-but you're injur-"

"Kid, I told you, I am fine... now go!" Vector ordered, ushering me away, biting his lip as for sure his body is weighing him down like he was made of lead, forcing his body to move, but nonetheless, his strong stature doesn't acknowledge it and began rushing towards them sending a punch directly to Rough that causes him to drop the gun.

"I... I can't stay... they won't hold them that long"

"I have to go back to them!"

"Quickly (y/n)" I said to myself as I stumbled to the pile of wrecked furniture and made my way upstairs, checking the doors one by one with pure adrenaline till a horde of hostages comes into my eyes.

I was taken aback, some are crying, while their hands and legs are tied and also their mouth was gagged by clothes, their eyes... their desperate eyes, pummeled my heart as it reminds me of familiar faces, the look of the face that attempts to strive hope in their current state. A seek of light to end the prolonged hell...my home.

 "H-Help us please..."

One of the Mobians pleaded as he struggled to speak with a gagged mouth. With so much adrenaline from everything that has happened since we arrived, I don't even have time to zone out and register it all. Everything seemed bizarre! I-I didn't expect the first mission I'd take on with the Chaotix to go so horribly. My concerned mind has turned to rage; their world pales in comparison to mine. Why do I still see people in this world in despair, on verge of losing hope?

"T-thank you!"

"No problem, everyone! help each other out and follow me!" I called upon them as there are still a few Mobians that are tied, I can't help them all as it will take too long before I get them out, I need to be with the Chaotix!

I guide them out desperately while I look down at them and from what I can see, Vector begins to carve up by his own fatigue and so was Espio as they were being reigned by Rough and Tumble, but still, they continue to fight as blood had etched within the place.

"Hurry!" I said, guiding them outdoors after shoving many pieces of debris that had fallen as a result of the blast. I dashed to the nearby neighborhood, which had apparently noticed the disturbance and, thankfully, had already phoned for help.