"First tragedy" pt2

CAN I KEEP THIS?" I asked. I realized that my palm was bleeding from grasping the shard of the horn too hard.

The elven woman, despite her condition, let out a hoarse chuckle at my question, catching me by surprise. I raised an eyebrow, wondering what was going through her mind and thinking how admirable it was that she could still laugh, considering her situation.

"Please, try not to move too much," I admonished gently, using what little mana I had left to give her more strength.

Aya looked gratefully toward Arthur who smiled saying it was nothing.

Grey turned his head and looked toward Arthur, while others might be unable to infer anything from Grey's perfectly indifferent and emotionless face Arthur could clearly see envy and jealousy behind his facade.

Much to Arthurs's confusion Though he had no way of knowing the reason for Grey's jealousy was the fact that she could be saved, unlike his timeline. He again thought that it was all so unfair...

'Why didn't zero come and save my timeline... Grey suddenly felt that all his efforts and suffering were all for naught bringing forth a sudden feeling of melancholy.

-We still have hope Arthur, the hope known as Aether we just have to find how to use it we will one day for sure control fate itself I am sure you can do it- His consolation was full of doubts but it was from his heart. And it definitely reached his heart too.

"I don't know... what you're doing, but I feel slightly better than a corpse now," she said.
"It's just a temporary solution."
"Does it seem strange... that I am so at ease in this situation?" she asked.
"No, not strange. Admirable, if anything," I replied.
"You're a strange one, too-asking a dying soldier if you can keep something like that. Keep it. It's of no value to me anyway."Her breath shuddered and her face became suddenly grave, making her appear as if she had aged twenty years.

"I don't know your name, kid, but I'm going to die soon. There's no point in pretending otherwise." The elven warrior let out a ragged breath, but her expression remained resolute.
"My name is Arthur, and... yeah. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to save you." I put the black shard inside my dimension ring.
"I'm sorry."

"It just wasn't meant to be. Since I don't have a lot of time, I'll tell you as much as I know," she said with solemn resolve.

"Lance Alea we are not close and don't know much about you but I am sure that no matter what timeline you are from my respect and admiration will be the same for all of you" Barion spoke with a tone of utmost respect.

Alea's cheeks turned rosy and her eyes opened wide "T-t-thank you but I am sure you would have done the same if you were in my place." She smiled shyly.

Barions eyes fluttered as his heart started thumping wildly his eyes grew wide and time seemed to have stopped for him they both continued staring at each other with a blush. He could swear he was seeing a beautiful garden with Alea seating in the middle of it starting at him it felt as if she was amplifying the beauty of the garden with just her mere presence.

*Ahem!* Zero coughed "You are supposed to be sad right now you are witnessing a death....even though it's from a different timeline." Zero said judgingly making them both flinch realizing that they were staring at each other. They became a mess frantically trying to avoid each other's gaze and avoiding the sly smirk on the fellow lances.

"Mica ships it!" She yelled with a cheeky grin on her face making both Barion and Alea choke on their saliva.

Aya and Merial started teasing Alea with her profusely denying them. The rest didn't know how to react so they did their best to ignore them.