26: Prom

Annabeth POV

Piper may be trying to ruin my life.

Prom was scheduled for the Saturday before graduation. In my opinion, this was such a horrible set up because Prom was a big enough deal for some people without the complication of getting ready for graduation. Our school is so stupid.

Anyway, Piper decided that all the girls need to get ready together at her house.

This meant that i had to take my dress and shoes, try not to wrinkle anything, and transport them to Piper's house on Saturday. My dad and Helen were disappointed that they wouldn't see me in my dress beforehand. They also wanted to take pictures with me and Percy, who told me that he'd be buying a matching bow-tie to my dress.

It was Percy's way of asking me to prom, and (of course), I said yes. We were already going to end up together at Prom anyway.

"Annabeth, your dress is so gorgeous," Piper squealed excitedly.

"Thanks, Piper."

I decided on a navy blue dress that was bedazzled with sequin. There was a slit along the side that travelled up to my left thigh. It was a sleeveless dress that actually wraps around my neck, leaving me backless. It was classy yet revealing, perfect for me. I decided to accessorize with silver hanging earrings and silver stilettos.

The progress of getting ready was slow, mostly because Piper wanted all of us to get the full experience. This included facials, mani-pedis, and makeup.

I went for the more natural look.

Staring at the finished product in the mirror, I couldn't believe. It didn't look like me, yet also looked exactly like me.

"Girl, you look stunning," Rachel screamed. "Percy's gonna flip his lid."

I turned to face her. Rachel was in a signature red dress, plain and simple. She didn't have any date, but it didn't matter. She'd be joining her friends for a night of fun.

"Me? Look at yourself," I smiled.

"Percy is such a lucky guy," Rachel said wistfully.

Rachel had been such a good sport to me and Percy after realizing that we had gotten together. Obviously, Rachel admitted to liking Percy, but she seemed to settle things out. They were better as friends, and I was grateful that this didn't affect our friendship too.

Around 6 o'clock, the guys started arriving to Piper's house.

We waited in the living room, making sure that everything was ready. Piper even hired a professional photographer to take pictures at the house and backyard.

Jason and Piper looked so happy as they took pictures. They'd be going to different colleges, but I'm sure they'll figure out the long distance.

After all, they loved each other.

I decided to accept my offer to Columbia. It was one of the best universities in the country, but it was also close to home. It has an excellent architecture program, but more than that, I wanted to stay near most of my friends and family and Percy.

Speaking of Percy, he had just arrived.

All the boys looked sharp today, but Percy looked incredibly handsome. Her hair was combed and gelled back; he looked tall and fair in his tuxedo.

I smiled while standing up. He approached me with a dropped jaw. His eyes were wide and sparkling, seeming to not be able to get enough of my visual.

"Wow," Percy choked on his voice.