5-"Is This Stalking?"

"IS THIS STALKING?"

"IS THIS STALKING?"

Ethan knocked on Violet's door the next afternoon. He was surprised to see Sarah answer for her.

"Where's Violet?" he asked.

"On a date with Chad. Sorry new boy," she said with a bit of sorrow in her tone.

Ethan frowned. "Do you know where?"

Sarah hesitantly gave him the name of the restaurant they were at, and Ethan left the dorm in annoyance.

She seemed like she liked him the other day, but clearly she still loved Chad. He didn't like them together at all.

He found himself walking to the restaurant Sarah said they were at. And when Ethan arrived, he spotted her almost instantly.

She was in an adorable outfit, and she was sitting at an outdoor table with Chad. She was laughing, and she looked gorgeous. Ethan couldn't stop staring.

He thought to himself, "Is this stalking?" He figured it was, but that wasn't a big deal to him considering he was a murderer.

Ethan made sure he was out of the couple's sight, and secretly watched their every move. Especially Violet's.

Violet took a bite out of her food and laughed at something Chad said, reaching over and playfully hitting Chad's shoulder.

"You're so brave," she giggled.

"I'm being serious! I could take on Ghostface!"

Ethan could feel the anger on his skin. No he couldn't. He wouldn't be able to when the time would come.

"Sure."

He looked into her eyes with pure adoration. "But I will always protect you from him."

Violet smiled and looked back at him.

There was a moment of shared feelings, and they both leaned in and their lips touched. Ethan let a small gasp escape his mouth.

His plan really wasn't working. She really did love Chad.

They pulled away and they both stood up once the waiter came back to their table. Their hands intertwined as Ethan and Violet's did just the other day.

"Thanks for this, Chad," Violet smiled.

"Anytime, baby."

The couple quickly began to quickly exit the restaurant, and Ethan began to panic. He didn't have enough time to get away. Once they walked out, they would see him just creepily standing there.

He had to look like he just happened to be walking by. Ethan threw himself into the group of people walking on the sidewalk nearby, hoping Violet and Chad wouldn't notice him.

But they did. Violet noticed first.

"Ethan?" she shouted.

Ethan turned at the sound of his name and saw the couple facing him. They had caught him in the act.

"Oh, hey. I can't believe I just ran into you guys."

Chad didn't seem to buy it. "Did you run into us? Did you know we were here?"

Ethan acted innocent. "What? No! I was just walking by and then Violet said my name."

"Well, Im glad we ran into you. Mindy texted saying we should all meet up at our spot in Central Park today," Violet explained excitedly.

Ethan was glad that she was glad.

"Oh, she just texted me," he said, checking his phone.

"Let's walk there together then," Violet suggested.

Chad looked annoyed once they started walking to Central Park. "I wish we could just go back to the dorms together," he said to Violet.

Ethan was relieved that they wouldn't go back to the dorms together. He didn't want them together in his dorm.

It would hurt even more.

It even hurt that Violet and Chad were laughing and being so touchy with him beside Violet. Had they forgotten he was there?"

"Do you know why Mindy wants to meet up" Ethan questioned.

"She said something about discussing Ghostface suspects," Violet shrugged.

Ethan felt his heart beat faster. Mindy was going to discuss possible suspects with the group. What if they found out about him? Or about Quinn? He doubted they would suspect his dad since he was a police officer.

But him and Quinn's cover was at stake.

Published: May 8th, 2023
Edited: