9-"Sweetheart?"

"SWEETHEART?"

"SWEETHEART?"

The others sat in ambulances, but Violet stood up, anxiously waiting for any news about Ghostface.

"Violet, we're going to be okay," Chad whispered.

"Are we?"

Ethan ducked under the caution tape that blocked off the crime scene. When Violet saw him, she angrily walked up to him.

"Ethan?!"

She grabbed him by the shirt collar and and pushed him against the nearby ambulance. She didn't trust him since he wasn't there last night.

"Woah, Violet!"

Ethan was enjoying this.

"Where were you last night?"

"I had Econ! Just ask Chad!"

"I don't believe you."

Ethan looked into her eyes, and walked towards her, now a bit further away from the ambulance. He moved his face closer to hers.

"I would never do this to you, sweetheart."

For a moment she looked at him with trust and a smile. But then she just shook her head and looked him in the eyes, confused.

"Sweetheart?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with it? Just a cute little nickname."

Violet blushed. "It's just... Chad."

Chad came running over to the two of them. "Ethan? Did you do this?"

He stood protectively at Violet's side.

"No, dude, I had Econ, remember?"

"Yeah sure..."

Ethan walked over to Sam, Tara, and Mindy next. "I am so sorry. I had Econ, I promise."

"Sure, Ghostface," Mindy said with an eye roll.

They weren't buying it. Ethan was worried that he was the main suspect of the case in their eyes. They didn't trust him. Violet didn't trust him.

He looked at the now wrapped up bodies. "Who?"

Violet was now standing next to him. "Anika and Quinn."

"Oh my gosh," he muttered.

Violet spotted Tara and Sam talking to Bailey, Gale Weathers, and the former Ghostface survivor, Kirby Reed.

"Gale's back?" Violet gasped.

The girl ran over to talk to the Ghostface-surviving reporter in a rush. "Gale!" she exclaimed.

Gale hugged Violet tightly. "Hey, kid."

"Gale," Violet muttered, smiling hard.

Gale pulled away and looked around to see that the rest of the group had followed Violet to where she was standing.

"Perfect. I needed to talk to everyone anyways."

Bailey looked at her. "About what?"

"Oh, you're the detective right?"

He nodded.

"I did some digging on your first two victims. I found some sort of shrine that they bought. But it's clearly connected to the killings. Here, I'll just show you."

Gale lead everyone to what appeared to be a theater. Ethan was fighting to stay next to Violet. Chad was talking to his sister, but he kept trining to advance next to Violet.

Violet's hand brushed against Ethan's hand every so often, but she never thought anything of it. Ethan thought everything of it.

She had to be his by at least Act 3.

And she would be.

"I've never noticed your eyes," Ethan said.

Violet looked up at him with her beautiful hazel eyes. They reflected mixes of browns and shades of greens.

"My eyes?" she asked with a small smile.

"They're really pretty."

She felt herself blushing at someone other than her boyfriend once again. She knew it was wrong. She knew Chad would hate her for it. But god, he really knew how to give a compliment.

"Thank you," she stuttered.

She was nervous. Ethan knew he had gotten into her heart in that moment.

The group entered the shrine, and everyone looked around in both awe and in shock as they saw many things dedicated to Ghostface and all of the Stab movies.

"They have everything in here," Kirby muttered.

They had costumes of the Ghostfaces, and of anyone involved in the killings. They had weapons, and any belongings of anyone. They had anything someone could think of that had to do with Ghostface.

Violet felt her lips tremble when she saw a glass display dedicated to Amber. Directly next to Amber's display was Richie's, which she noticed Ethan staring at for a suspicious amount of time.

After staring at Amber's in hurt, she even saw belongings of her old friends, Liv and Wes. She missed them so much too.

"I miss them," Violet mumbled.

Ethan put his hand on her shoulder. "I know, I'm sorry."

"I wish you were there with me. It feels like I've known you for so long," Violet sighed.

Ethan was in shock. She really did want to know him. They weren't strangers. She wanted him by her side. She wanted him.

Of course, Chad had to come in and ruin everything again. "Violet, you might want to see this."

She left him and followed her boyfriend to a case that contained Amber's robe and knife. Small printed words read: Amber Freeman.

Violet's hand touched the glass that separated her from Amber's robe. "Where's her mask?"

"Gale said Amber's mask was one of the masks Ghostface left at a crime scene. They've been taking original Ghostface's masks from this shrine," Chad explained.

"Hm," she said, taking a look at the rest of the killer's displays.

"This place is creepy," Chad said.

"Very," Violet agreed, now facing her boyfriend.

Chad placed his hands on her hips. "I've always loved you ever since you moved to Woodsboro," Chad confessed.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Ever since I saw you in class, before Tara even introduced you to me."

"Chaddd," she spoke, dragging out his name with a blush on her cheeks.

She didn't notice, but Ethan was staring at her from the other side of the shrine. He muttered something to his dad as Chad and Violet began to get closer.

"Wow," his dad spoke, scaring Violet and causing her to pull away.

"You all have been through so much."

Everyone collectively nodded, looking around the room at the other survivors.

Violet stepped toward Bailey. "I have an idea. What if we try and track the killer's call?"

Kirby clearly agreed. "Great idea! I can trace a call in under 15 seconds."

"Sounds good," Bailey nodded.

Ethan knew Violet was in danger if she continued to be as smart as she was. She had to stop trying to catch the killer if she wanted his dad to give her mercy.

Published: May 11th, 2023
Edited: