8-"Anika, Please!"

"ANIKA, PLEASE!"

"ANIKA, PLEASE!"

Violet couldn't breath. She climbed out from underneath Quinn's blood-covered body, screaming as she crawled backwards. Quinn was dead, and Ghostface was standing in the entrance of the apartment.

He spotted Mindy and Anika first. He stabbed Mindy's arm and then her leg. He slashed her stomach, and then moved onto Anika.

Anika was softly crying as he stared her down, finally moving forward to stab her in her stomach.

He brought the knife from the bottom of the stomach up to her chest, twisting it as it went in. Anika's screams were ear-piercing and heartbreaking.

Violet almost had to cover her ears.

Sam came from behind and hit Ghostface's head with a knife block. When he turned around to attack Sam, Tara punched him and he fell to the ground.

That gave the Carpenter sisters, Anika, and Mindy time to get into Quinn's bathroom. Chad held Violet who was sobbing and shaking tremendously.

"We need to get to that bathroom!" Chad shouted.

Ghostface noticed them and began chasing them around the apartment. "What do we do?" Violet yelled.

When he finally caught up, Ghostface punched Chad from behind, which caused Violet to panic. Before even touching her, he just stared at her as if he was in awe.

"Distracted?" she yelled, before planting a kick into his chest.

He fell backwards and she approached him again, kicking him again. She could hear his grunting, but she saw the opportunity to escape through the other door.

"Over here!" Chad yelled, running to the exit.

Chad and Violet went through the door.

Mindy peered out from the bathroom door across the apartment.

"Mindy! Over here!"

Ghostface came running towards the door, causing Chad and Violet to slam it shut in his face.

They panted, looking at each other in fear.

"They're still in there!" Violet yelled.

Chad banged at the door and tried to twist the knob, but it was locked.

Violet and Chad couldn't get back into the apartment Ghostface was in, but they could get into the apartment across the complex's; Danny Brackett.

They stood at the window behind Danny, who was extending a ladder to the window of Quinn's bathroom.

"Sam go first!" Mindy ordered.

Sam shakily crawled across the ladder. She was careful to not fall, and she flinched even when the ladder tilted just a little bit.

Danny helped her climb through the window. Violet hugged her, now watching Mindy and Anika argue about who was going first.

"Just, go Mindy!"

The two said their "I love yous" and kissed one final time before Mindy climbed onto the ladder. Anika had her back against the barricaded door, holding back Ghostface's kicking.

Once Mindy made it across, an anxious Anika started to crawl across. She looked the most afraid of all. And now nobody was holding the door.

Once she was a little more than halfway across, Ghostface got into the bathroom. He tilted his head, making his way towards the window.

"Anika, you have to go! Now!" Mindy yelled.

Anika looked behind her, and just sobbed more when she saw Ghostface staring back at her. She was bleeding out, and she was crying as hard as a person could.

Violet was scared. She was terrified to loose another friend. Especially to loose a friend to Ghostface.

"Anika! Please!" Violet screamed.

Sam held out her bloody hand, which Anika grabbed. Ghostface put his two gloved hands onto the ladder and began to shake it.

The ladder shook up and down while swaying left to right, trying to shake poor Anika off. "I don't want to die!" she screamed.

Ghostface's rattling of the ladder was too much. Anika screamed.

She fell off the ladder, and then her body hit the dumpster and then the ground. It was a gorey and terrifying scene.

"Ani!" Mindy yelled.

Right there and then, everyone's heart broke.

Violet's heart broke.

Violet cried almost as hard as Mindy did, as Ghostface stared at her from across the apartment complex.

"You murderer! You psycho! You coward, you-"  Violet began to yell.

Chad held onto her her. "Shh, it's okay."

Ghostface only stared more aggressively when Chad and Violet embraced each other. Why? Because it was Ethan behind that mask. Ethan who knew that he was a psycho, and he was going to get what he wanted.

Published:May 10th, 2023
Edited: