Chapter Forty-four

Zemela's pov😌

I couldn't and didn't want to bring my gifts home because of my dad, I decided to bring them back on a day he won't be home.

I saw Bryson outside when I got to work that late morning.

Waving he yelled, "come over!" He leaned against his lexus jeep.

"Be out in a minute" I smiled brightly, walking into the building, Mrs Mateo was by the door.
"Go with the boy" she said pushing me out of the cafe.

"You're really supporting him?" I asked her
"You're eighteen girl, you need to live like a teenager"

With a bright and triumphant smile Bryson said, "you can't run away now" he opened the passengers door for me.

"Someone is showing off" I said getting in.
"I am a really gentle man" he said before closing the door

After few minutes of driving in silence he said, "you look good" he glanced at me

"Oh thank you!" I faked surprise.
"You're so unromantic" he hissed.

"C'mon, now that's a lie" I said.
"You've never been romantic to me, I'm very sure of that"
"Okay" I said not wanting to totally admit, "I'll be romantic to you, for a day"

I added, "not today though"
"Pfft, you'll never do it"
"I know you're trying to use reverse psychology or something on me. Won't work!"

The rest of the journey was filled with my voice, singing along to some of the songs played on the radio while Bryson laughed at me.

Being my second time in Bryson's house didn't stop my open admiration, the living area was different from the last time I came, things had changed...

"Let's go to the back" he dragged me to follow him

"I never knew my legs were faulty" I said trying to stop myself from moving
"You don't have to be sarcastic" he said letting go of me, I wasn't standing properly, which led to my fall, butt down on his carpet grass, he laughed.

He sat beside me in the floor, "Never knew my legs were faulty, turns out they are faulty" he laughed poking me.

"C'mon you laugh at everything" he said trying to tickle me...

"Stop...st..st..stop!" I managed to say while laughing, he was tickling my tummy, not my favorite place to be tickled, managing to get on my feet, I ran away.

"Hey!" I heard him call from behind me...I ran into his tree house. Tree house? What's he using a tree house for?

It was some big, luxurious tree house,it had a couch by the far right, which I suppose was white before Bryson covered it with colors, frames with pictures of a younger Bryson hung on the wall above it, blue eyes looking innocent, his famous perfect messy brown hair. Younger Bryson looks way more cute that older Bryson. In the picture next to it, he was smiling brightly his upper teeth out, he looked foolish and carefree, he has always been like that, in another he was with a girl and a boy who not doubt looked like Fauna and Reggie, they were about nine years old if I wasn't wrong, Fauna looked like the proud bitch she is, the whole thought of she and Bryson being childhood best friends made my stomach turn.. allowing my curiosity get the better of me, I walked to the dusty chest by the shelves, sun light penetrated the open places the tree grew from, a bed was by the far end with some sort of net was around it,probably to protect his from anything from the tree, a rug in front of the bed and then a little play area.

Opening the chest, it had some of his old clothes, wonder why they didn't give it to charity, a blue journal caught my eyes as I was about to close the chest.. picking it up like the curious cat I am, I dusted it...