Chapter Forty-five

Zemela's POV.

I wore the new addidas sneaker my dad got as a birthday present for me to school.

As I approached the regular spot Vaughn picks me up I start to get nervous, I planned on not telling any of them about me and Bryson or at least not the part that we had sex.

"Hey girl" I said getting into the back seat of her range Rover, she had already picked up Ruby already.

"How was yesterday?" Vaughn asked looking at me from the mirror.
Ruby turned to look at me too, Ruby never does anything like that, calmly I said, "it was...was good"

"Liar!" Vaughn accused, "c'mon, it can't just be good" she mimicked me.
Ruby studied me, "it wasn't epic okay? But.i had fun and he made me laugh alot.... he's house is also enough reason for me to be marveled" I said.

"Oh my God! I've heard so many stuffs about his house, the one time I was supposed to go for a party" she frowned, "my family had some emergency, I ended up babysitting while my friends dances their body's out at Bryson's mansion"
I nodded agreeing with her, "it is a mansion"

Finally I got the attention off me, Vaughn kept talking about Bryson and Fauna's shoot in New York, "Fauna doesn't deserve to model beside him" she said matter-of-factly.
Ruby shook her head, "would you leave her life style alone?"
"No!" Vaughn shot, "I live for this type of juice, after all I'm press club president, what would people think of me!" Vaughn was worse than Skyler, Vaughn knew every single person and at least a little bit of what's going on in their life.

"God! The bitch is back!" Vaughn half yelled, stopping in the middle of the drive way. Skyler, my ex best friend, was gracing the school floors with one of her friends beside her–Ava.

"Just go and park Vaughn" I told her.
"Yeah, just ignore her"

Once Vaughn parked, Ruby turned to me, "are you okay?" She asked me.
Vaughn turned too, "would you be okay?"

"Because I actually want to kick her ass" she said.
"Violence isn't everything" Ruby said.
"Oh it is, it is everything"

"We'll think of ways to deal with her" I inhaled, "I think I'll be fine today, if I'm not I have you guys here" I said with a smile.

I was scared actually, because deep down I still love Skyler as my best friend and some part of me prayed and hoped everything was just a dream or a phase.

She was by her locker, not far away from mine.
"Oh hi bestie!" She yelled waving from her locker, I acted like I didn't know she was talking to me.
"Oh come on, bestie!" She stormed her feet on the floor.

I heard footsteps approach me, Ruby whispered, "be strong!"
"Bestie!" She hugged me from behind, I was cut off guard.
She releases me, "c'mon, just because I had sex with your boyfriend doesn't mean we ain't friends, now does it?" She asked with a shrug.
I turned to her with a smile, "it doesn't mean anything" I shook my head, "but...I don't associate myself with girls that are so desperate, girls that stoop as low as forcing themselves on boys and taking advantage of drunk boys"

"Ohhhh! Baby girl, you don't know the_"
"Hey" Bryson's voice came from behind, she immediately went quiet.
"What bestie? The cat got your tongue?" I chuckled.

"You two ready for class?" Bryson asked Ruby and I.
"I'll head down to my locker, I'll see you in the cafeteria" Ruby waved.
"Let's go babe" he said to me, to Skyler he said, "it's good to see you still have some audacity after what you did. Just know that one call and that video, and you'll be charged for rape"
He smiled down at me, "yesterday was fun"  he said.

Once we were out of earshot, I said, "jeez! Thank you so much"
He shrugged, "it's my duty as Mr boyfriend" he said.
"Did you know she was coming back today?" I asked him.
"I even forgot about her existence" he said.
"Too bad"

I made for my regular seat, Arlo was seated already, Bryson held me, "no, you're seating with me, your boyfriend" he said the last part a little bit loud.
"Uhmm, but_"
"No buts, you'll see him at lunch" he said dragging me away. Arlo looked so confused and I couldn't even explain myself to him.
"I can't sit with you everyday" I told him.

"Yes you can" he helped me with my bag.
"Stop being so caring" I snatched my bag away from him.
He laughed, "allow me to be because when I decide to be rough, you'd be moaning underneath me" he whispered against my ear, I bit my cheeks to stop me from blushing.

Classes went by fast with Bryson being the good and gentle boyfriend, for lunch he made me seat with his popular friends on their table.

"You goy my friend simping" Nolan told me.
Bryson slapped his arm, "shut up!"
Nolan and I laughed, "you're secrets are safe with me" I told him.

"I'm guessing we have to be friends, seeing as Bryson is opposed" Nolan said, his sentence made my stomach flip multiple times.

"Bryson is opposed" kept echoing in my head.

"I don't think being friends with you would be that hard" I told him.
He nodded, "yeah, I'm an okay guy" he said.
"Proud much"
"You aren't used to that already?" He asked, I knew he was referring to Bryson.
I chuckled, "now I know why you two are friends"

Fauna came to seat across me with the most unreal smile I'd ever seen, "hi Zemela" she flipped her hair.
I forced a smile, "hi"

"It's nice to see you leaching onto Bryson for money and fame. If you need someone to leach onto I'm also available" she said in the most sarcastic way.
Nolan whispered, "I smell jealous"
I laughed, "what's funny?" She asked irritated.

"Nothing you should worry yourself with" I said.
"I wouldn't worry myself with your_"
"You would talk to my girl with respect!" Bryson said.
She rolled her eyes, "please, I would decide how I talk to who" she said.

"I would advise you rethink that decision, you're on this table because of me most of the guys don't want you here. Remember that"
Embarrassed she said, "you really shouldn't turn your back on your friends just because of a bitch"

"Honey you aren't my friend" he told her, at that point I was trying so hard not to laugh.
She stuttered, "y..you...what..what about Reggie?"

"You should stick to people that care about you" he told her.
"Let's go babe" he turned to me.

"Bye Fauna" I waved at her with a sweet smile.

+

Most of the chapters MIGHT be short because I'm freestyling it, and I really want to finish this book before resuming school.

So bare with me. Esé, Nagode.

 Esé, Nagode