𝟎𝟐𝟎 - 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𓆉

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

𝙇𝙀𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙄𝙉
ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ²⁰ ⁻ ᵇⁱᵍ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

after last night matt had debated talking to chris because he hadn't seen annie have a panic attack since like junior year and 2 years without one is a big deal so the fact that he caused her to get to riled up really makes him upset

"yo chris," matt walked up to his brother.

"yea, matt?" chris answered putting his phone down.

"fix your shit with annie please." matt said.

"why does everybody keep saying that bro?" chris responded taking a piece of gum out and chewing it.

"what do you mean?" matt asked.

"you and madi both have come up to me saying 'fix your shit with annie' like what about her? is she such a sweet innocent person? you think she does no wrong?" he said.

"no, but if you wanna know annie had a panic attack for the first time in 2 years all because of you, chris." matt said and chris' heart dropped.

"what?" chris softly spoke. matt could tell he had nothing to say.

"yea, she was freaking out because she wanted things to be how they used to. she literally blamed herself for something YOU caused bro." matt argued.

"okay but matt you're not listening to me when i'm saying she did shit too!" chris argued back.

"like what chris?" matt said as chris thought for a second.

"she rejected me and never talked to me again." chris blurted as if that was an excuse.

"she had her reasons chris, and it's not her fault you guys didn't talk. if it was up to her you probably would've been dating by now." matt said and chris threw him a shocked look.

"what do you mean? no we wouldn't." chris said in a confused tone.

"uh, yes you would? bro did she even tell you WHY she really rejected you?" matt asked as chris slowly shook his head.

"what other reason would there would be besides she had zero interest in me at all?" chris questioned.

"she was scared chris. annie hadn't been in a real and long relationship when you confessed to her. she did like you chris, she was just too scared to admit it." matt explained and chris didn't even have anything to say.

"that's her fault though, she knows i wouldn't have fucked her up like all the other stupid guys she's dated. it's over now though matt. i don't want her anymore i fucking hate her and you know that matt." chris said as matt just walked away. he really tried to get chris to apologize but clearly he's too hard headed to get it into his brain. after that long conversation matt went looking for madi.

"madi!" matt yelled pulling the girl aside.

"hey! what's wrong?" madi asked.

"i talked to chris about his and annie's relationship right?" matt told the girl as she nodded indicating that she was listening.

"he was all like 'she should've known i wouldn't have hurt her. if she liked me she wouldn't have left me" all that shit and at the end of his rant he was like 'i fucking hate her and you should know that matt' and i just left after that because i didn't know what else to say." matt explained and madi was more confused than ever.

"what the hell? there's no way he hates her. he's just saying that to get out of it. he literally looks at her like she's the last pepsi in the fridge." madi said getting a laugh out of matt.

"it's just weird like you can tell they really love each other they just don't wanna admit it or come to terms with the fact," matt said and madi nodded in agreement.

"they'll crack at some point. they're not gonna spend the whole summer together and not realize that they're wasting time and should already be together." madi replied.

-

chris was left alone with his thoughts and was replaying everything matt had said in his head. annie was still on his mind pretty much 24/7 but that's because in the past few days that's all anybody talks about. madi and matt have both come up to him talking about how he 'needs to fix shit' but what's there to fix? if annie wanted to be with him in any way she would've come up to him. why does he have to do everything?

chris sighed and got up to go brush his teeth as he looked in the mirror straight at himself. he didn't recognize what he was looking at. three years ago he would've never talked bad on annie's name. he had no reason to talk bad on her name even now. so what was he doing with himself? he can't just cut her off like nothing. he genuinely wants to fix things but he doesn't know how so he just pushes everything away.

chris' thoughts were interrupted when he heard a knock on the door.

"yea?" chris yelled so whoever was behind the door heard him.

"chris? oh okay, i'll just wait for you to get out" annie said walking away from the door.

chris wanted to lock himself in the bathroom. he wanted to drown himself in the bath tub. he didn't wanna see annie, it's not like he hadn't seen her but he hasn't seen her face to face since the argument. by the sound of her voice it had seemed like she already got over it and moved on. he finished brushing his teeth and took a deep breath before walking outside.

"hey," chris said quietly to the girl.

"hi," annie replied awkwardly and got into the bathroom.

annie hadn't put much thought into chris after the talk she had with matt on the beach so it didn't affect her as much as it would've a few days ago.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟
𝐀/𝐍
i've been watching love island NONSTOP somebody stop me.
i have 19 days to write 14 more chapters..
I CAN DO IT