FIRST IMPRESSION

YN POV

YN- Baba...

I call him, and he sees me right after leaving the room.

Dad- What Happened YN...?

YN: As you are heading to the wedding, I have done your bag and ironed your clothes. (I inform him.)

Dad: But sweetie, who informed you that I am leaving?

YN- Who else, Baba, will go if not you?

(He only accepts invitations; he will not go this time; is he ill?) This is my friend's brother's wedding.

Dad: "You are going to go..." What will I do there? She is your friend, right?

YN- Me? But Me how..

What has happened to my father that he wants me to attend the son of such a wealthy family's wedding by myself when I have never gone alone to any guest's home before? Despite the fact that Simran is my best friend, how am I going to travel to Mumbai alone?

Dadi- YN! YN Who has arrived? Look!

I turn to hear Grandma's voice from outside the house, and Simran was waiting at the gate. Really, am I dreaming? How lovely and large my friend has grown!

YN- Simran!

Like long-distance friends reuniting, we both run and give each other hugs. Truly, it is a reunion after all these years, and everyone beams to see us.

Simmy: "Com'on, girl, I am Simmy." (She says, releasing her hug.)

YN: Sure, I do know that. Simmyy~

Mom: "Hey, talk later, give her some space; she is come a long way, and she just started talking straight!"

My mother chastises me, and while we eat, Dadi and Baba chat a lot. Simran claims that she knew I would throw tantrums, so she came to pick me up.Tonight is already over; tomorrow we will travel. Simran was resting on my mattress. As I pack my bags I look at my clothes and ask her.

YN: Hena, a lot of famous people and politicians are attending the wedding?

Simran: "Yeah, you are right. Not to mention the celebrities, all of our nation's major leaders will be there." All of Bollywood's biggest names—Amitabh Bachchan, Allu Arjun, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, and Deepika Padukone—are included! We will be staring at every person we have ever seen on television! I am very excited!

She took a seat on the bed. Indeed, we are eager to meet them, but... (sigh)

YN: Simran, I am unable to...

I lowered my head and she looked at my pouty face, cupping my cheeks.

Simran- what is causing you to worry? Nothing is going to occur. You understand that I have to present you to someone, so I am always there for you!

YN: Who is it? Who?

Simran: To find out, you will need to accompany me; it is a secret! You are aware? My brother told me not to show him my face unless I brought you, and you know...I drove here from Mumbai specifically for you because you enjoy taking long drives.

They must all be wealthy individuals, how could this hell put me in danger? I will appear like "a fly in a feast" in front of people this large and well-known. Definitely going to look exactly like this.

Simran: "I will be lonely without you," she remarked in a melancholy voice, grinning.

YN: Okay, I will be there. (At this point, the author is in control of everything.)