2 Khushi Gupta

Part 2 Khushi Gupta

This wedding was nothing but a GIVE AND TAKE policy. To give Akash's hand to Payal, Guptas asked for my hand for Khushi. It was Gupta's condition for the wedding. They wanted me to marry their daughter IF they wanted Payal's wedding to take place with Akash.

Their condition didn't end. After the marriage, they didn't want us to be with my parents... as a joint family. They demanded we be alone in a luxurious villa because they wanted their daughter Khushi would always be the QUEEN...! I was angry like hell about their condition.

But...

My father fixed my wedding with Khushi Gupta accepting all their demands. He was not in the state to think anything. What he just wanted was, to overcome the loss. What else could I expect from the pure businessman called Arvind Singh Raizada?

Khushi Gupta... I didn't know who she was... how would she look like... whether she liked this wedding or not... I knew nothing. Yet, I had to marry her. I had no choice. I was not given a choice. How would I have felt when my dreams were shattered? Khushi Gupta was going to rule my life. She would be BOSSY no doubt because she was BUYING me. So, there won't be anything called mutual between us.

I looked at my mother angrily who bowed down and could do nothing. I sensed my sister Payal was looking at me painfully. Should mention, she had beautiful eyes. I could read them. I found restlessness in them. She knew what I wanted and this was not that.

I could remember how she talked non-stop about Akash Gupta when she met him for the first time at a party. From her talks, I thought she got attracted to his simplicity and politeness. I didn't know she started feeling for him. That was the first matter she hid from me. Of course, which sister would talk about her boyfriend to her brother?

Payal dragged me aloof.

"Bhai, I don't want this," She said with teary eyes. I could not stand her tears because I knew it was true. I wiped her cheek with my thumb.

"I know your dreams... I will talk to Akash if you don't like this wedding. I will tell him about you. I believe he will consider"

"Oi... before marriage itself, are you trying to get him under your control?" I tried to show myself cheerful.

"Stop pretending. Don't I know how cheerful, and playful you are?"

I stopped her.

"I'm fine with this marriage" I lied.

"Don't lie" she found my lie.

"Why should I lie? We are in critical condition. We should thank Guptas for giving a helping hand at the right time. I was tensed like hell. They just cleared our path. Then what will be my problem with walking in it? Just be cool and enjoy your big day" I tried to cheer her up.

"Will you enjoy your big day?" she cornered me.

"Why not? After all, I'm going to marry the princess of the Gupta empire" I chuckled and ensured not to get caught.

My sister looked at me unbelievably. How could she believe if I show an extreme level of change in a blink of an eye? But I had no choice. I could not let my sister suffer. I didn't want her to give up on her love for me. For my sister, I had to accept the life that was forced on me. Because I knew Guptas were firm in their condition. If we had tried to change it, they would not have minded canceling both the wedding.

What was the big deal? I would do everything to my mother that I expected from my wife. I got ready to face the phrase. Yet, there was restlessness in my heart. The girl who I didn't even see started unpleasantly ruling my heart. Khushi Gupta.