4 Panicky Raizadas

Part 4 Panicky Raizadas

Raizada Mansion was not grandeur like Gupta Palace but it was spacious. Raizadas welcomed Khushi not only ritually but also heartily. I didn't know whether Khushi sensed it or not. She might have thought in a different way. After all, she was the heir of a multi-millionaire...!

Though all the guests took leave RM was still crowded. As ours was a joint family with more than ten members. That was my family. There were a lot of conflicts in my family but we never minded it. Which family didn't have? Now, I was going to get separated from my family and should live with my wife in a palace-like bungalow all alone. I didn't know how much it was going to work. Everyone from my family felt sad about it but no one showed it to me. They knew this marriage was inevitable... so was my separation from my family.

"Khushi, let's go... Come and see your in-law's place" My cousin Lavanya said.

Khushi didn't even move not giving heed to her invitation. But, Lavanya was not ready to leave her. Clutching her hand, she pulled Khushi with her. Without minding about them, I got seated with my cousins NK and Dhruv who were no less than my friends. Lavanya saw me getting mingling with them. She signaled me to come with them. I gestured for her to run away. She went to Khushi giggling.

An unknown restlessness occupied my mind. How Khushi would be with my family members who were always cheerful? Would she show her hatred towards them? What if she talked to them just like she talked to me on the phone? Though I was not interested in the marriage I didn't want my family to know about it. They knew how cheerful I was. They thought I accepted the relationship. I wanted the same. But, I could not expect the same from Khushi. I kept my eye on her, being in little distance, listening their talks.

"Khushi, do you know what's the meaning of your name?" Lavanya questioned with a serious expression.

Khushi gazed at her not answering as if Lavanya asked her the question that was out of syllabus.

"Khushi means, happiness. Having such a meaning in your name is not enough. You should be the prime ambassador of your name. So, please laugh... or, at least, smile..." she giggled.

Khushi didn't react to it and she saw my sister Anjali coming.

"Excuse us, La.... Khushi, come with me" Clutching Khushi's hand, Anjali Di took her to her room.

"Sorry, Khushi, I'm unable to give you time to have fun" Di literally apologized.

Fun? Like really? Khushi should have wanted to laugh.

"Go and get ready. I will take you to Arnav's room" Di said.

It tickled my sense. To my room...! It was our first night. I didn't know how to react to it. Who was me to Khushi? To the world, we were husband and wife. Nevertheless, we were not interested in the relationship. It was hell to be with a girl having no bonding. How could she be with me in the same room for a lifetime? I was bothered. My life was going to be one hell of a phrase from here on. How I dreamed about my life...! I sighed.

Washing her face, Khushi came out of Di's room. Anjali Di was waiting for her to take her to my room. Di led her to the first floor. She pushed the door of the last room. Khushi stepped in. I saw that from the ground floor.

My room would have decorated with colorful flowers and scented candles, just like, every first night room. My room was spacious with one king-size bed and one sofa set with a fifty-five inches TV. There was a variety of paintings hanging on the wall. I didn't know that would attract the Royal Princess. The painting would reflect my taste. I like paintings.

I didn't know if Khushi at least showed a little interest to observe my room. But I knew very well what my sister would have told her...

"Make yourself comfortable. Have a nice time"

And, Di would definitely have giggled while uttering that. Damn...!

Di came to me after settling Khushi in my room.

"Chotte..." She called me.

I went to her.

"Chotte, I don't know what to say. I know your mind. This is your life. She is here for you. Try to understand that and accept the relationship" she said emotionally.

"Sale Sahib is brilliant. You don't have to advise him. He knows how to handle things" My jeejaji said with a smile.

What my Jeejaji said was not an exaggeration. I handled everything properly until our company faced a loss. That was the only thing I failed to handle. If I had the ability to handle it, I would not have been in this situation now. I could have avoided this marriage. But, there was no use in thinking about it now.

Di asked me to go to my room. For the first time in my life, I felt weird in my heart to enter my room. From here on, it was not JUST my room but OURS. I had to share it with Khushi no matter if she liked it or not. Making myself up, I entered the room and my eyes caught up to the sight of my sleeping wife. I didn't believe she slept. She should have pretended to be sleeping not wanting to have an interaction with me. I sighed. what else I could expect from the girl who was not interested in this relationship?

She was lying, without even minding about the heavy jewelry and Lehanga. She could have removed them and then lay. She curled into the sofa simply that surprised me. The Royal Princess could sleep on the bed and could have ordered me to sleep on the couch...!

Taking my casuals, I went to the washroom to get changed. It was a hell of a moment to be in the traditional outfit for me who felt comfortable in suits. I wondered about Khushi. How was this girl sleeping in heavy attire when I could not be wearing the sherwani for a while? I shrugged off the thought.

When I came out of the washroom, I saw her in the same pose. It seemed she slept. I lay on the bed, switching the lights off. But, sleep was far away from my eyes. How could I sleep when my life was at stake? My life had been going smoothly. But now, it got stuck with Khushi. The girl who didn't have interest in me. I opened my eyes and tried to see her but I could not as the room was dark.

How could she sleep so quickly? Did she really sleep? She should be tired due to the weight, she carried on all day, in the name of jewelry and garlands. I supposed.

Why did she not want to marry me? What was the reason? Was she in love with someone? Or, she didn't want to marry a man who was not up to her status? My mind urged me to know the reason. But, how could I know? Could I talk to her about it? Would she tell me? I didn't think so. Didn't she say she didn't owe to tell me the reason? Should I appoint a detective? No... I didn't think stalking my wife would be a nice idea. I didn't know why I was restless. Why could not I be like Khushi Gupta who was sleeping peacefully? I didn't get an answer. After a while, I drifted into sleep.

The next morning

I opened my eyes from my sleep as usual but the day would not be usual because I was married. My head turned towards the couch on which Khushi slept. She was still sleeping, covering herself with her lehanga shawl. Her jewels were being kept on the tea table in front of the couch. They should have disturbed her sleep by pricking her. So, she should have removed them at midnight. I could not believe she was wearing all this jewelry the previous day. It would be more than a half kilogram with overpriced gems.

I could not see her face clearly as she was lying opposite to me. Without making a noise, I opened the main door lock and went to the washroom to get fresh. Someone from my family might come and knock on the door. I didn't want Khushi's sleep to get disturbed.

I came getting fresh. Taking my jogging shoes, I went for a jog as usual.

When I returned back home after one and half an hour, my housed looked like it was on fire. My whole family was in the living room, having their respective mobiles in their hands, trying for a number. Seeing me in the jogging suit, they sighed annoyingly. It was clear that they were scared not finding me in RM. They thought I was absconded.

To be continued...

Arnav's cousins started teasing her