48 Source

Part 48 Source

I looked at Khushi shrinking my eyes. She was shocked. She didn't expect me would record the call and play it in front of her without hesitation.

"So, this kind of call is what disturbing you Khushi?" I asked her controlling my anger.

Khushi averted her pooled-up eyes from me.

"Okay, I can understand anyone in your place will get angry and upset. I won't blame you if you don't trust me because you brought up with people who never gave you a chance to trust anyone but gave only disappointments."

Khushi closed her eyes and tears reeled down her cheek.

"I agree you have a reason to suspect me. Just yesterday you gave me a hundred plus crores to make my business firm. You have the absolute reason to think I did all the favors to you to get the huge amount from you..."

Khushi nodded NO and tried to say something but I stopped her by showing my palm.

"Whatever it is, you could have asked me directly instead of stressing yourself. I would have cleared your doubt. Are you that weak to trust someone's word blindly, Khushi?"

"Noooo... I didn't trust anyone blindly. The person told me something that no one knows about..." she yelled in between her tears.

"What did she say?" I asked frowning.

"She said 'I am waiting for the day when Khushi goes to London. Then only we will be happy like before. I am waiting for the day to enjoy our days. I can't stay away from you, Arnav.' That's what she said" Khushi said with a painful expression.

Those were words a wife should never hear. I was really horrified hearing that.

"How did she know I would go to London? We have not disclosed it to anyone except your mother and cousins. Even your father didn't know about your decision to send me to London, the one who frequently communicates with my stepmother. So, there is no chance for her to know about it. Then how does the woman know about our plan?"

It was absolutely a hard lock to me. I did not know how the woman got to know about my decision to send Khushi to London. I guessed right, if Khushi was so stubborn in something, she would have a certain reason for it. I did not know what to say. How could I blame Khushi? Sending Khushi to London was purely my decision. We have not disclosed it yet. But a woman talked about it. Then how could I expect Khushi to trust me? My mother and cousins had no reason to play with us like this. Then how did the woman know about my decision? I denied Khushi when she asked me about doing her culinary course in Delhi. I motivated her to go to London. Then how would she trust me if the woman talked about enjoying her life with me after she went to London?

I sat on the bed closing my eyes. I didn't know how to take it further. The phone number was the old one. The person was using s satellite phone. So I could not reach her through the phone. Then, what was my source? My mind didn't work. I felt blank. The thought of losing Khushi made my inner organs shiver. Only I knew how hard I tried to get our relationship on track. I didn't expect everything would go in vain.

But...

I felt a touch over my knuckle. I looked at Khushi who kneeled in front of me with flowing tears. She looked devastated. Her eyes were restless. I felt so sorry for her, the girl who wanted to lift me in my business kneeled in front of me leaving her Princess pride behind. I felt helpless.

"I did not know what to do, Arnav. I was thunderstruck. I would die happily rather than see you as a cheater"

I felt a gland in my throat. It was me who created expectations in her heart.