5 Marble Doll

Part 5 Marble Doll

At first, I could not understand why my family members looked nervous. Their nervousness shifted into me when I thought of Khushi running away from RM. Was not it a big insult to a man if his wife run away the next day of his marriage? But when I got to know the reason, I wanted to laugh. My family thought I ran away from my marriage.

As usual, my Di rushed to me and asked,

"Chotte, what the hell is this? Does anyone go for a jog on the next day of their own wedding?"

"Why Di? Is it wrong?" I frowned.

My Di rolled her eyes.

My father strode to me,

"Do you want people to know your wedding status?" he sneered.

"Dad, what's there to think about my wedding status?"

He too rolled his eyes.

"This is too much, Chotte, don't make me feel like, I have forced you into this marriage"

I said nothing but gazed at him. My mother came there.

"All of you go..." she said.

Clutching my hand, my mother dragged me to the kitchen. Without saying anything, she joined her hands, making me shocked.

"Chotte, we are sorry for forcing you into this relationship. But, please don't make us embarrassed like this. This is a matter of your sister's life and our family's happiness. We had no choice than do this"

I was looking at my mother perplexed. What did I do that made my mother talk so emotionally?

"Mom, why are you saying all this?"

"She is a Royal heir. What will she think if you are not at home after the first night? What would have happened if Shashiji had called her and got to know you got vanished from the house on the first day of your wedding? You didn't even let us know that you went jogging. What do we think of not finding you at home?"

"Mom, this is my regular routine..."

"Do you want everyone to know NOTHING has started between you two?"

I was taken aback.

"Who will go jogging after finishing the first night?" My mother asked me straight.

That was when I understood the depth of the issue. Yes, I had done a blunder.

"Arvindji asked me whether you are interested in this marriage or not"

Did my father ask the million-dollar question? I wanted to laugh. The great Arvind Singh Raizada intended to think of my wish after my marriage. I wanted to know the answer my mother gave to the question.

"What did you say?"

My mother was stuck.

"When is he asking that? Is this the time to think about it? I chided him to mind his tongue. Our daughter went to their house to live with their son. Even our single word can ruin her happiness" My mother said not looking at me.

I knew it was not an answer only to my father but also to me.

"Chotte, this is your life. Knowingly or unknowingly, we pushed you into it. Please don't make us uncomfortable with your action. Please, try to mend things"

Mend things? With whom? Khushi? I didn't know what to say. Could I say Khushi was also not interested in the marriage? My mother was already distraught because I was not interested in the marriage. Then what would be her condition if I told her the truth?