6. 𝘕𝘌𝘓𝘓𝘐𝘌.

" chapter six "
.NELLIE.

•. 6. | HE SWIPED through his phone, re-reading all the messages from the night before. A smile on his face as he scrolled through them. Charlie nudged him causing him to look up. They were walking to their favorite teacher's classroom, Mr. Ajayi. "Mr. Ajayi!" Charlie called as they walked in.

"Henry and Charlie Spring." Mr. Ajayi glanced up at them.

"I have a question." Charlie dragged his brother to sit in the chairs near Mr Ajayi.

"Well, I am officially a beacon of learning, so, fire away." Their teacher turned to them, crossing his arms.

"How do..." Charlie glanced toward his brother, who gave him a small shake of his head "...I stop liking someone? A straight guy."

"Uh, the question for the ages. I thought you had a boyfriend." Mr Ajayi furrowed his eyebrows looking at him.

"No. No, he was horrible. This is someone else."

"Wow. Being a teenager is terrible." He laughed slightly. "When I was a teenager and had a crush on a straight boy, I repressed it and suffered."

"That doesn't sound very healthy." Charlie laughed slightly while Henry listened with crossed arms.

Mr. Ajayi hummed in agreement. "Now, this may seem obvious, but have you tried putting some space between you?" The twins suddenly stood, grabbing their stuff.

"He- I can't do that." Charlie corrected himself.

"Can't or don't want to?" Mr Ajayi called after them as they started walking.

"I need... realistic solutions." Henry suddenly blurted out. Mr Ajayi looked at him with wide eyes, and so did Charlie. "He's a really, really good friend. And... oh, my god, I did it again." The brunette closed his eyes sighing.

Mr Ajayi smiled at the boy. "Actually, I sort of expected it," Henry looked at him with wide eyes as Charlie started to drag him off. "But for that crush of yours, I'm afraid you're just going to have to suffer then."

The two boys walked out the door. "How- huh, what?!" Henry questioned as his brother dragged him toward their classroom. "Is it just obvious to everyone?!" He practically screamed to his brother.

___

HENRY SAT down next to Nick as he showed Henry pictures of his dog. "And this is Nellie." She was a brown Border collie. The brunette was almost going to cry at how cute she was.

"Oh my god, she's adorable!" Henry gasped with a smile, looking at the photos. "Awh, I wish I had a dog. My parents hate them. Don't know how, I mean, look at them!"

Nick chuckled, glancing at Henry. "You should come round and meet her. Are you free on Saturday?" He asked.

Henry hesitated before answering, thinking about what Mr Ajayi said. "I think I am."

INDEED HE was. Saturday had came quicker than he thought it would. The boy sat on the stairs, tying his shoelaces. He was about to head round to Nick's house. Henry stood, looking in the mirror near the door. "Hi." A voice made him jump.

Slowly, the brunette turned to find his sister Tori. "Tori!" He looked back in the mirror, fixing his hair slightly.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"I'm going to my friend's house." He replied.

"Louis?" She questioned, taking a sip from her cup. Henry laughed lightly, rubbing the back of his neck with a smile.

"No, uh, it's Nick." He smiled at her before glancing in the mirror. "Do I look weird?"

"You look the same."

"But I look okay, right? The haircut doesn't look silly, does it?"

"You look the same." She repeated.

Henry looked at his sister with a look. "Your input is so helpful, Tori." He turned back to the mirror.

"Have fun at Nick's." Tori went into a different room while Henry glanced at her. He let out a sigh while shaking his head. He walked toward the front door, opening it before stepping outside. He had shoved his jacket and beanie on, it was cold outside.

The brunette walked toward the house. His eyes fell to the doorbell. Hesitantly, he slowly pressed it causing a loud ring to echo out. Soon enough, dog barks echoed out too. The door opened to reveal Nick Nelson and Nellie herself. "Hey." He greeted.

"Hi." Henry smiled.

"Uh... this is Nellie." Henry glanced down to the collie beside Nick. He almost let out a cry at how cute she was.

"Oh, my god! Hello, Nellie! " He crouched down causing the collie to go up to him as he wore a large smile. "You're just perfect, aren't you?" He almost spoke in a baby voice as he pet her which Nick chuckled at. "You're so cute!" He glanced at Nick who looked at him with a smile. The brunette came to a stand. "Sorry."

"... you got a haircut." Nick pointed out, literally reaching out and touching the brunette's hair. Henry stuttered for a moment.

"Uh, is it that noticeable?" Henry furrowed his eyebrows with worry. "Is it bad?"

"No, you look..." Nick paused. "It looks great." The two boys smiled at each other. There was a small whine that came from the dog beside them. "Okay, you better come in or Nellie will think we're going for a walk." Henry nodded before entering the house.

—————