chapter IV

: ̗̀➛ੈ✩‧₊˚

— daylight !chapter four ; i hereby reconvene the dead poets society

daylight !
chapter four ; i hereby reconvene the dead poets society

— daylight !chapter four ; i hereby reconvene the dead poets society

WE SAT IN STUDY HALL, reviewing a map of the area. Neil explained to us how to get to the cave. "I don't know, guys, it's starting to sound dangerous," Cameron says.

"Well, why don't you stay home," whispers Charlie.

Mr. McAllister, smoking a pipe, calls us out. "For God's sake, stop chattering and sit down."

As Knox took a seat between Meeks and Charlie, Neil rounds the tables and slides next to Todd, one table away. I keep my head down, eyes locked onto my book.

It's some boring thing for trig. I lazily fill out the questions, double checking each one before moving onto the next. As I finish question three, Neil sits next to me.

"Todd's going to come to the meeting, but he won't be reading. I'm sure that's fine with everyone," he whispers, looking around. I nod as the group agrees, keeping their voices low.

"Oh, shut up, will you?" McAllister scolds for the second time that evening.

We turn back to our books, studying and revising our schoolwork.

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

RENEE AND I LAY IN OUR BEDS, waiting. After lights out, Mrs. Owens walks the halls, peering into each room to check we're asleep before strolling into her room.

Her heels clack on the floor outside. I hear a door creak open, it isn't ours yet. "Girls, go to sleep. Don't make me give you a detention," Mrs. Owens says. The girls from the next room comply, and their door closes.

Then, Mrs. Owens heels stop in front of our door. The door opens silently, a yellow light creeping into the room. She looks at us for a moment, and I try my best not to smile or stir.