chapter VI

: ̗̀➛ੈ✩‧₊˚

— daylight !chapter six ; i was a star

daylight !
chapter six ; i was a star

"WE KISSED," I say, leaning on the door I just closed

"WE KISSED," I say, leaning on the door I just closed. Renee looks at me with a raised brow.

My smiles becomes wider. "We kissed. Neil and I kissed."

"You kissed?" she repeats. I nod. She turns back to her book. "Hah, that idiot owes me money."

I freeze. "What idiot owes you money?" I walk over to her and cross my arms. Renee sighs, sitting up and closing her book.

"I told Charlie that I thought you and Neil would at least kiss tonight. He said that wasn't going to happen, and that Neil was too scared to make you uncomfortable. I said 'bet', he said 'bet'. And bam, Charlie owes me ten bucks."

I blink. "Okay, then."

Then she squeals, "But you kissed!"

Forgetting the information Renee told me, I repeat, "We kissed!"

She wraps me in a hug, and we rock side to side on the bed. "Oh, my baby's first kiss!" Pausing, I pull away from the hug.

"How do you know this is my first kiss?"

Renee looks at me. "Before the Dead Poets Society, you were the shyest girl I had ever met. I think it's safe to say this was your first kiss."

"Fine. It was my first kiss," I say, eventually smiling at the fact that I just had my first kiss with the kindest boy I had ever met.

Renee and I laugh once more, before she says. "So, how was it?"

I sigh dreamily. "Oh, it was the sweetest thing ever. He was gentle, and kind. He even asked for consent. He didn't just go for it. It was perfect. He was perfect. Every second I'm wishing to relive that moment," I say. "I really like him."