chapter XII

: ̗̀➛ੈ✩‧₊˚

— daylight !chapter twelve ; love is confusing

daylight !
chapter twelve ; love is confusing

"FUCK TRIGONOMETRY," I say, letting my head fall onto the desk

"FUCK TRIGONOMETRY," I say, letting my head fall onto the desk. Renee laughs from her place on the bed.

"You'll be all right," she assures. "It's just a little trigonometry. I'm sure you'll be fine. You're smart."

"Only a little," I correct. She shakes her head with a smile. "Like, what even is the, umm, theorem of, what does that say?"

"Theorem of Pythagoras?" she suggests.

I click and point to her. "That!" Renee chuckles and focuses her attention back on the book. I pick up my pencil again and continue with the homework, using a seperate sheet of paper for working out.

Before long, there's a knock at the door. Renee calls for them to come in as she stands and grabs another book from the shelf. The door opens to reveal Neil, looking pale and on the verge of tears.

"Neil?" I stand. "What's wrong."

He opens the door slightly further, shuffling inside the room. "I—" He doesn't finish his sentence; a choke making its way to his throat. I furrow my brows.

"Renee, could you maybe hang out in the library for a bit?" I ask. Without a word, she nods, closing the door on her way out.

Neil lets out a sob. I bring him over to my bed and we sit down. "I can't— My father, he—" Another sob escapes his lips. I wrap my arms around him, holding him in a tight hug.

"It's alright. Take your time," I say, running my nails through his hair.

After a few moments, he takes a deep breath. "My father was here. He was in my room."