chapter XI

: ̗̀➛ੈ✩‧₊˚

— daylight !chapter eleven ; phone call from god

daylight !
chapter eleven ; phone call from god

— daylight !chapter eleven ; phone call from god

"HEY," I say softly, closing the door behind me.

Through her sniffles, Renee manages a reply. "Hi, Emmeliah." I walk over to her bed and sit down on the end, rubbing her calve.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Other than the crushing feeling of knowing your boyfriend doesn't love you and will flirt with other girls right in front of you? Oh, I'm fine," she says.

Shaking my head, I sigh. "I'm so sorry, Renee. You didn't deserve that. He was being an absolute idiot."

She turns around, and I can see the light of our lamp reflecting off her tear stains, and the red of her eyes and nose. "Why doesn't he love me? Am I not good enough for him?"

"Nope. Don't say that. You are more than enough for him. If anything, he's not good enough for you. I mean, you are amazing, and smart, and beautiful, and kind. You're everything. He's just Charlie."

Renee chuckles lightly. "Yeah, but he's not supposed to be just Charlie. He's supposed to be my Charlie."

"Oh, babe. Come here," I say. She sits up and I hug her as tight as I can, almost trying to squeeze the pain out of her.

She doesn't deserve to be hurt like that. She doesn't deserve her boyfriend flirting with other girls, calling them as beautiful as a summer's day. She doesn't deserve any of that.

What she does deserve is someone who will try their best to take her hurt away. To call her as beautiful as a summer's day. That's what she deserves.

We sit their for I can't remember how long. Eventually, Renee falls asleep, and I lay her back down on her bed, throwing her blanket over her.

I stand up and take my coat off when I hear a knock as the door. I freeze, hoping it's not a teacher. Suddenly, Neil's voice comes from the other side of the door. "Emmeliah? It's me. How's Renee?"