Songs for the Skater Sibling

Summary

Detective Bullock narrows his eyes at me when I look at him in shock. "We're here to take you two into Foster Custody."

[What's today's recording about?]

[Hi, Wing, uh, today's recording is the follow up from last time.]

[*quiet hiss of breath* Want me to stay for moral support?]

[Yeah, that'd be nice. Thanks]

[Sure thing.]

— ☼ —

No no no nonononononono.

There's a rushing sound in my ears.

Bobby's gripping my wrist tightly.

I'm pretty sure I'm paler than a ghost right now.

Lila looks up from her phone briefly. "There's some garbage bags in the trunk. You each get one. Go pack and we'll get you someplace for the night. No, Adam," She speaks into the phone again, "I'm not talking to you right now. I'm still trying to figure out a space for your case's kid. I -" She motions at us and mouths 'lets go, chop chop.' She walks away, still talking to whoever is on the phone. "Adam. I said, that..."

Detective Bullock glowers at us and motions towards the cop car. "Like she said, they're in the trunk."

Damian steps in between us and the detective with a sharp, "Tt."

"Stop being ridiculous, Bullock. If Robert and Skylar are to go into Foster Care then they should simply return to the Manor with us."

Bullock raises an unimpressed eyebrow.

"Not happening, Wayne."

"No, Damian's right." Dick inserts himself into the conversation too. "I'll call Bruce right now." He pulls out his phone and pulls up Bruce's number.

"The brats need to go into Foster Care through the proper channels."

"That's a bold statement from a cop who has been known to take bribes." Damian sneers at him.

"Listen here, you little shit. I don't care how much money daddy has. There are some things that need to happen the right way."

Lila comes over again on a different phone call. "What is taking you so long? The boy's home is expecting Ryan within the hour."

"My name's Robert." Bobby faintly corrects her.

"That's what I said, isn't it? I– Becky! Do you have an opening for a teen tonight?" She points at the two of us, the cop car, and then Uncle Nolan's apartment building in a silent attempt to get us to start packing.

I'm frozen where I stand.

They're going to split us up.

Damian scoffs loudly. "My father will hear about this if you do not let us take both Robert and Skylar with us."

This seems to pull Bobby out of his shock slightly as he turns to his friend. "Easy there, Draco."

Damian looks at him in concern. "Drake is not here right now, Robert, are you feeling alright? I believe you are going into shock."

Dick looks up from his phone call with Bruce, "Wait, has no one introduced you to Harry Po– you know what? Not important right now. What is important is that Bruce is currently filing for Emergency Custody of Sky and Bobby."

Detective Bullock scowls at Dick. "There is no way that Wayne is going to be able to file the paperwork in time. Nice try though, kid."

As if on cue, Lila stalks back over towards us on yet another phone call. "Paperwork was just filed for Emergency Custody of both Riley and Scarlet. I'm allowed to release them to Richard Grayson."