Livin' On A Prayer

Summary:

Ω θεοί γαμημένοv μου, Jason is Red Hood.

[What's the scoop on today, Sunspot? I heard I missed the dramatic cliffhanger last time.]

[It wasn't that dramatic. I just left off when I found out you were Hood.]

[I don't know, night-light, that feels like a pretty big cliffhanger to me.]

[Maybe you're just full of yourself.]

[Nah, Brilli, I'm pretty sure that it's confidence if you have the skills to back it up.]

[That doesn't even make sense in this situation.]

[Doesn't matter. You gonna start this thing or what?]

[You suck.]

[I beg to differ.]

— ☼ —

At first I tried to ignore my new discovery. Maybe Jason being Red Hood didn't actually mean anything. Maybe it was just a one off. Maybe I was actually loopy from the sleep deprivation when I healed Red Hood and their soul signatures were only similar.

But then I remembered the news stating that Jason had been in a motorcycle accident back in November. The injuries weren't life threatening, but he had been out of the public eye for a few weeks as he recovered. I hadn't seen him during that time, but the paparazzi was taking photos of him out and about soon after Red Hood had talked with me on the roof that one time.

Wait... THAT'S how Jason knew I used to climb up onto the Apartment's Roof! He literally talked with me one time up there!

Ok, yeah, so there was no denying it. Jason was Red Hood.

But that didn't mean that the rest of the family were vigilante's too.

I mean, sure, Damian really liked his katana's - just like the current Robin. And Steph's favorite color just so happened to be the exact same shade of purple that Spoiler wears. And Duke had meta powers just like Signal even if he didn't use them a whole lot. And the timeline of Robin started maybe, almost, exactly when Bruce became the guardian of Dick. And...

[Wow. You were really trying to gaslight yourself there, weren't you.]

[Shut up, Jason.]

So, I might have spent a lot of time over the next few days out on the Manor's skatepark instead of interacting with the others.

Then one day the Kents came over to finalize some plans for the trip to Smallville. I wasn't aware that they were already here, and was heading inside to the kitchen for a quick snack break from boarding, when I saw Clark there talking to Bruce. Without his glasses.

I pause in the doorway long enough to take in the scene and immediately do an about face to head back to the skatepark.

Our friend's dad's are Superman and Batman. I think hysterically. Our friends are the superkids and batkids. What's next? Is Lois involved? Is Selina? I thought that Batman had a thing with Catwoman but Bruce is with Selina so...

I trip off of my board and roll to absorb the impact with the ground. Flopping onto my back I stare up at the cloudy sky. Γαμώ. Selina is Catwoman. Isn't she.

I lay there for a while as my understanding of the world rotates a bit to the left. Honestly, finding out that our friends are vigilantes is more earth-shaking than discovering the existence of the gods.