Chapter 7

“Wow.” Drew breathed, his mouth opened in a small gape.

Angy took step away from Alex’s car and watched as the car drove off. Alex’s parents had insisted on having one of their trusted bodyguards to drop them off at school. Meaning, she and Alex came to school together. Angy dusted her skirt in an awkward manner and look up at the trio. “What is it?”

“You-“ Drew started but stopped to properly take her in, his eyes scaling over her features. “You look different.”

Angy glanced down at her uniform briefly and rubbed her arms. “I guess.” Drew was right though, that much she could agree with him. She was wearing a white uniform shirt paired with a grey pleated skirt and a deep royal blue blazer which held the school badge. Royailleirs Academy. “You all look different too.”

The boys glanced between themselves with a smug smirk on their faces. Angy had to admit, they looked undeniably formally attractive. Dressed neatly in their uniforms, which was a white shirt, a grey pair of trousers and a deep royal blue blazer along with a royal blue tie they appeared handsome and somewhat unreal. Angy cleared her throat awkwardly and looked away from them.

“Are you nervous?” Kyle rose a brow.

Angy glanced around the school surroundings, taking in every crucial detail with an undivided attention. The school was big, although it had an ancient décor, it stood out with a sense of luxurious prestige. She blinked. The school portfolio did no justice to the view of the school in reality. “I am not nervous.”

Kyle shot a look at her in a way that screamed he didn’t believe her. “Whatever you say.”

“You’ll be fine, Angy. You’ll survive.” Alex said to her with a small smile.

“Of course, I’ve endured worse.” The words tumbled out of Angy’s mouth before she could stop it. The boys stared at her. She chuckled. “You don’t have to worry about me. I’ll be fine.” She said, adding the last part with her eyes on Alex.

“Come on. I’ll take you to the main office. You need to get your schedule.” Drew said and ushered Angy through the school’s main entrance with a grin plastered to his face.

“To your seats everyone.” Miss Joanna announced, rapping on the lectern in front of the classroom.

A couple of students shuffled around and the ones standing rushed to take their seats causing desks and chairs to scrape against the tiled floor. The classroom went silent after everyone had settled in. It all took less than a minute, much to Miss Joanna’s satisfaction.

“We have a transfer student present with us today.” Miss Joanna started, turning to Angy but  whispers of conjectures started to erupt round the classroom.

“What? A transfer student?”

“What is going on?”

“What is a transfer student doing here in Royailleirs?”

“Is she really a transfer student?”

“Unbelievable! How is this possible?”

“Why would we have a transfer student at the beginning of our final year?”

“No way! Is she the new girl everyone's been talking about?”

“Be quiet.” Miss Joanna ordered and the class drew back in silence once again. She sighed and stared at the students briefly, her eyes glistening in warning then, shifted her gaze to Angy with a small encouraging smile.
“Why don’t you introduce yourself?”

Angy glanced at the woman beside her. Miss Joanna. She seemed like a nice person, seeing the little smile lines at the corners of her eyes and she did look like a strict person too. Other than that, her gelled auricomous hair held in a high ponytail stood out quite noticeably along with her smile which was coated with a bright colored lipstick that complimented her hair. Angy turned to face the students, a small frown on her face in proximity with a blank uninterested look she’d mastered overtime.