Chapter 9

Alex cautiously sat Angy on a couch. She still seemed out of it, it was strange. She'd been acting strange ever since he ushered her out of the lunch room. Her body was limp, almost as if she had no control over it. She was conscious yet she didn't look like it. Her head lulling backwards on the fluffed couch, her lips moved in quiet murmurs and her eyes shut close.

"Angy." Alex called, crouching in front of her. "Angy. Are you okay?" He shook her hand in a bid to get her to open her eyes but it appeared as if she heard not a single thing he said. In view of the apple juice stains on Angy's face, he hurriedly fished out his handkerchief. Using his left hand to hold Angy's head in place, he started with her forehead, gently dabbing at her face to rid her skin of the drying stains.

"Stop. Please." Angy whispered.

"What?" Alex glanced down at Angy, putting a brief hold to what he was doing.

"Please." Angy pleaded again.

Alex's ears stood in alarming concern. Tossing the handkerchief to the side, he cupped Angy's chin, holding her head securely in his palms. "Angy. Open your eyes." He tapped her cheek lightly. "Look at me. Hey, open your eyes."

Angy reached up to Alex's hand on her face and almost immediately her eyes shot open when her skin came in contact with Alex's. Her wide eyes pierced into Alex's cautious ones and her hand tightened on his. "Al." She blinked.

"Yes. It's Al." Alex slipped up a small smile. "Are you okay?"

Angy was confused for a second, almost as if she forgot what had happened which she did, momentarily. "I-" She began but stopped when everything came rushing back to her. The lunch room. Charlotte. Rachel. But that was all she remembered. Everything else after Rachel poured the juice on her was a dead end.

Her grip loosened on Alex's hand and she leaned back on the couch putting space between them, fatigue catching up to her. "How did I get here?"

"I brought you here. You don't remember?" Scrutinizing Angy, Alex's brows furrowed.

"I just don't remember how I got here." Angy's face contorted into a thoughtful frown.

Alex paused. "To be honest, you did seem out of it."

Angy blinked. "I'm fine."

"I can see that much." Alex gestured to her soaked hair and uniform as he reached beside her to take his handkerchief. He was about dabbing the soft material at her face but she stopped him.

"Fair point but I'll do this myself." Angy collected the handkerchief and began wiping the stains from her face.

"Yeah, sure." Alex managed a smile to ease the tension.

Before Angy could come up with a retort, the door suddenly burst open and in walked Kyle and Drew.

"Princess!" Drew exclaimed, rushing over to Angy's side to occupy the space beside her on the couch. Holding her at arm's length, he searched her face in concern. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Drew." Angy nodded awkwardly, she wasn't used to people caring about her.

"Oh dear princess." Drew sighed, adjusting Alex's blazer over her shoulders. "All these could have been prevented if only you sat with us." He pouted.

"Here, don't catch a cold." Kyle dumped a white towel on her head.

"A bottle of apple juice isn't strong enough to do that, Kyle." Drew deadpanned but Angy suddenly wheezed, contradicting Drew's words. "Oh." Drew withdrew himself from Angy.

"You were saying?" Kyle rose a mocking brow at Drew.

"What is this place?" Angy looked around, wondering where she was.