Chapter 11

Angy walked down the stairs, deep in thoughts. She'd found herself on her bed this morning with absolutely no idea on how she got there. How or when she got to her room was a mystery to her and with each passing second of her thinking, a headache was slowly catching up on her. She rubbed her top two fingers against her temple and blew out a breath as she rounded the counter on her way to the mini cafe downstairs.

"Angy."

Angy spun at the familiar voice. Managing a small smile on her face, she nodded in courtesy. "Good morning, Ella."

"Good morning." Ella rounded the counter and began to rummage through the top cabinets hung on the wall. "Did you sleep well?"

"I think." Angy's rose scrunched into a tiny frown. "You?"

"My head is pounding with an headache which is a sign that I'm in urgent need of caffeine." Ella paused. "Are you here for the same thing? Coffee?"

"Yeah." Angy nodded.

"Since I'm here, I'll make for us both- you can have your seat while you wait. How do you like your coffee?" Ella peeked at Angy, jutting her head backwards from the cabinet door. "Café noir, café au lait, caffè latte?"

"Café au lait, please." Angy walked round the counter, choosing to settle on the first cushioned barstool amongst all others which were arranged by the counter.

Ella smirked with an impressed nod. "Okay. Café au lait it is."

"Why do you have that look?"

Ella laughed. "It's just that usually people seem confused when I use those terms for coffee. They're more accustomed to Cappuccinos and Americano and of course, latte."

"Oh."

She shot a look at the open cabinet and shut the door, shaking her head. "Looks like today isn't for my dearest café noir." Walking over to the counter adjacent to that where Angy was seated. She took out a jar of ground coffee and another of powdered milk. She began to make the coffee, by pouring a couple of teaspoons of powdered coffee into a jug to boil. After which she did the same to the milk in a different jug. "So, tell me. How has Royailleirs Academy been?"

"Okay." Angy replied, intertwining her fingers on the counter.

Ella looked up at Angy from what she was doing. "Just okay?"

"Uh... yes?" Angy wasn't sure how to respond to that.

"Have you made any new friends?" Ella leaned against the counter as the jugs hissed silently.

"No." Angy straightened when Ella rose a brow. "I mean, not really. There's this girl though, her name's Vivienne. Vivienne Martillo."

"Martillo? You mean the one that punched Drew in junior high?" Ella couldn't hide her amused smile.

"Yes. That one." Angy nodded in affirmation.

Ella laughed. "You are one interesting girl, Angy." She walked to the other side of the mini cafe and slid open a cabinet to take out two mugs. "So, what's the deal with you and this 'martillo'? Are you friends?"

"Not really." Angy held her fingers together. "I don't know if I should be friends with her."

"Does she want to be friends with you?"

"Yes, or so she told me." Angy thinned her lips. "She's different from the others. In a good way."

"Yeah, I heard she's a nice girl. Gutsy, yes but good nonetheless." Ella smiled.

"Yeah."

"Listen, Angy. If you feel like going ahead with the friendship, I see no reason why not to." Ella turned off the switch on both jugs.