vii.

STYLE ── seven

"𝐈 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧, 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭"— mess it up, gracie abrams

— mess it up, gracie abrams

Carlos Sainz was far from being a calm person. He wouldn't go as far as saying he was a hotheaded who didn't think before acting, but he wasn't the sit quietly and watch type as well. He figured all things in life should be balanced, including his emotions on and off the tracks.

Of course that looked great on paper. But, in reality, it didn't work all too well.

He was already edge by the time he got to Baku, in Azerbaijan. The whether was really hot and he felt more than ready to get inside his car and get it over with a good race before flying over to somewhere with a better climate for the next two weeks.

He did want to make a good race. He always did. But this time was different— the entire Ferrari team just wanted something to hold on to after these horrible past races and Carlos really wanted to prove his value.

That's why he felt so anxious during the interviews that weekend, ready to leave them as soon as he walked in. There was actually only one interviewer that he actually felt comfortable and enjoyed talking to. And she also didn't happen to be there this for this Grand Prix.

While he was sweating in a racing suit, Juliette was doing her best catwalk in Milan in millions-worth of couture dresses for Fashion Week. Of course he was proud of her since this had always been a dream of the British journalist. And yet, he couldn't help but wish that she was there with him at the same time.

They only exchanged a few DMs after Carlos left Monaco straight to Baku and Juliette flew over to Italy to get ready, eventually posting some stories that he always made a point of liking. She did sent him a text last night wishing him a good qualifying and yet, Carlos wanted more.

"Gosh, I hate PR day." Charles grumbled, feeling stressed out and slightly claustrophobic in his red suit.

"Tell me about it."

"I miss Juliette." He let out casually, making Carlos' brood boil at the mention of her name.

"Sure, but at least she's realizing a dream of hers, right?" Carlos replied.

"Oh yeah, mate, we've been texting." Charles nodded.

"Well, I texted her too, I guess she just didn't have that much of free time to get into the deep stuff."