xxix.

STYLE ── twenty-nine

"𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐆𝐨𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐞'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞"— 18, one direction

𝐲𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐞'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞"
— 18, one direction

Against her doctors' recommendations, Juliette went back to work. Not matter what they told her, her work wasn't the stressful part of her life— doing nothing, on the other hand, was. Of course she just wanted to get better soon enough and was taking her medicines as well as doing online appointments with a trusted psychologist.

Slowly, she felt like her life was going back on tracks and recovering control over her own body. Every time Juliette struggled with food she'd remember the way that Carlos would cook for her, showing how important she was to him, or Lando's daily calls to make sure she was doing okay, and even Ella's grin every time they went out to eat. Food was her combustible to doing all the things she loved the most— including hanging out with her loved ones.

It didn't mean she wasn't absolutely terrified about people's reactions after the whole mess that was the Brazilian Grand Prix— both for her breakup with Charles, which wasn't public yet but soon would be once people noticed they weren't hanging around together, and the questions about her being rushed to the hospital, which she wasn't thrilled to make public any time soon.

So yeah, the main reason was showing that she was okay and supporting her friends, which was why she stayed inside the Mercedes and McLaren garages almost the entire weekend as she tried to escape the media. Ella also turned out to be incredibly grateful for it, since she could both keep an eye on her best friend as well as support each other as they both went through a hard time.

When the tension in the garage would get too big, especially between Ella and her team principal or her teammate (and ex boyfriend), Juliette would sneak out and hang out with Lando and Daniel instead, which were also on hard terms.

What was moving though was the fact that, despite everyone being in a rush at the end of the season, each other of drivers took their time to visit Juliette and make sure she was doing okay. Like she already part of them, part of their family, which they actually were, after all.

Some of them would visit more than others, like a certain Carlos Sainz, for example. The Ferrari driver would sneak inside other teams' paddocks, even though he could get caught and in big trouble, just to see her more than a couple of times per day and make sure she was doing okay. Sometimes he'd bring her food and leave little notes by the places she'd walk by.

"You're gonna get in trouble for it." Juliette laughed as she watched the man walk in the McLaren's team restaurant in baby steps as he tried to be silent.