xxvii.

STYLE ── twenty-seven

"𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐠 '𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭"— another love, tom odell

— another love, tom odell

Juliette's heart was pounding hard when Carlos opened the door to leave her hospital room after his visit. She wasn't sure if it was because she knew Charles was waiting outside to come in, or because of everything that had been said during the short amount of time the Spanish man had been. It was safe to say she was very confused.

On one hand, she held tightly to all the memories she had created with Charles. Being with him was easy, despite a little tense, but he was sweet and knew her well enough. While with Carlos, despite all their harsh moments, she never had a doubt of her feelings, being with him felt natural and pure passion. But was all this enough to go through the hard times?

Juliette then remembered everything that her friends had told her: about putting herself first, focusing on her happiness and stop worrying so much. When she put it in that perspective, it was obvious what her choice would be.

When the door finally opened again, Juliette immediately looked up to find Charles walk in, still in his Ferrari suit, with a completely worried face. She wasn't sure why, but something inside her told that he'd met with Carlos and knew something was up. Still, his worry for her health was bigger than their relationship issues.

"Oh my God, Julie. What happened to you?" Charles sighed nervously as he rushed towards the bed and engulfed her body in a comforting hug. "How are you?"

"Good. Still a bit dizzy. And somewhat high." She pointed to the medicine being injected in her veins and Charles laughed awkwardly at her joke. It was hard for him to understand everything but he was only glad that she was doing better.

That day had been a complete mess for Charles. It all started great as he hung out with Juliette and even kissed her publicly, which seemed to cause a great reaction among the media. He was satisfied with his relationship despite his constant fear of Juliette's feelings for him.

Then he went out and did a great race, despite sacrificing his teammate's chance of an actual win in order to get third on the podium. It was exactly what his team needed at the moment and Charles couldn't be happier. So when he went to the podium, he'd only expect to see his girlfriend there.

Disappointment was the only thing he could feel. Despite the rational voices in his head telling him there must be a reason why, Charles couldn't help but think that Juliette had left him or was too busy with someone else. So when people started asking how was she doing in the hospital, he felt like shit. And confused— a lot.