Chapter 26

"I may as well reject you!" She shouts, my heart practically stops with the pain, she doesn't mean that she hasn't said it officially, it's only in retaliation, it has to be.

"What happened wasn't your fault," I tried to reassure, hoping my voice wouldn't faulter from sounding calm, although I felt anything but.

"No, Jason, it was." She spat back. Her auburn hair falls behind her back, falling out of its loose bun. Sweat slowly starts to bead across her face.

I stand and watch, keeping as calm as possible, avoiding the urge to hug her, knowing my scent calms her down. She looks up to me, her eyes glowing a strong forest green.

"Because I ignored my wolf. They would still be alive if it wasn't from me and this stupid curs-"

She stops short only to collapse to the floor, I go to reach for her but stop short watching her body Jerk. It's finally happening.

Kylo starts to whine and bounce with eagerness. I resist the urge to shift, knowing I need to stay in human form in case she needs me.

Her cries of pain are the only things I can hear. There's nothing I can do but talk to her.

"Hey, just breathe, I'm right here." I reassured, holding my breath. I want to do anything to prevent the pain, but I can't.

Her body curls and contorts, and her bones can be heard snapping into place, I watch in amazement.

"Alpha, is she okay? she called for me." Caleb linked.

"She's shifted, keep everyone out of the forest," I commanded, closing the link.

Her body now on all fours, her long, beautiful white fur, takes over her new form. My mate is a white wolf, one of the rarest beauties known to our kind. I resist every urge in my body to touch her just yet.

I listen as her heart steadies and her breathing labours, Her head resting about chest level, She's as large as a Luna should be.

"Mate," Kylo purrs almost seductively. No, no, no, not today, boy.

Her green eyes are alert, her ears twitching at every sound. "You will get used to the noise," I spoke softly. feeling her heavy breath pushing my shirt closer to my torso.

I cautiously sit down, afraid to scare her and Fraya away. She just stares back, alert and cautious. "I won't be able to link to you because you are not marked," I continued.

We're only a foot away , her head just above mine I sit and wait for her next move only to feel her wet nose push into my hair taking in a deep exhale, tingles shoot down my cheeks, following down the back of my neck and spine.

She growls almost like a purr with content and sits down, our distance growing a little further.

Her ears perk to the left before she stands up again, growling lowly. It travels through my chest it's almost unsettling, but perfect for a Luna.

I turn my head curiously, following where her gaze was focused on, only to see Beta Caleb in his soft brown fur standing cautiously at the entrance to the small opening.

"I thought I said no one was to enter the forest," I warned.

"Yes, Alpha, but she asked for help." He huffed, taking a seat where he was. "She likes you," He linked mischievously.

I closed the link off, not wanting to hear anymore, refocusing my attention on Fraya. I hold my breath, coming nose to nose with her, her eyes pinpointed to mine and ears curled back, Kylo purrs in delight, pushing to shift more.