❁Chapter 10❁

Each pair of eyes direct at the dominant figure entering through the huge mahogany doors.

Feather, head held high and posture stiff, eyes sharp like a hawk and not an ounce of nervousness could be found anywhere on her face.

She speaks confidence and dominance.

Each head bows in the greetings of the Alpha Queen as the whole room feels their nerves being waved by the Alpha Queen's aura.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen." Her mouth curves to the side in the slightest as she situates herself at the end of the huge table. "Please, have your seat."

"Greetings, Alpha Queen." They all say in unison.

Feather nods, putting her crossed hands on top of the table.

"As you all know we have gathered here tonight to ensue the casting of the newly added members.

But before getting to that, I'd like to introduce you all to someone."

They share glances briefly, already contemplating the news as some even smiles to themselves.

"Yes, it's exactly what you're guessing." She smiles at the reminder of her loving mate. "I have found my mate."

Uproar and wishes fly across the table as they all congratulate her.

Feather smiles and returns each wish with a polite reply.

"A mate's exactly what you need, Alpha Queen. A strong Alpha by your side. A strong couple to rule the world." Damien, one of the Alphas guffaws.

Feather's eyes harden, posture stiffening as she straightens her back. Ready to let out the inevitable.

"I'm glad to inform you all that he is an Omega."

The room falls silent.

Heads turn to each other, low murmurs start to echo throughout the vast space. Mostly being the question and wonder about 'an Omega as the leader'.

Their low whispers and passing of subtle disgust begin to get under the skin of a certain fueled with rage Alpha Queen.

"Enough!" She slams her hand down on the table, her voice roaring and bouncing around the ball room.

Everyone falls silent, heads bowing in obedience as Feather unintentionally releases Alpha pheromones, causing wolves to submit within hundreds radius  around her.

"Did I ask for anyone's opinion or commentry? Did I ask for your discussion regarding my mate? No.

Then how dare you try to raise questions about your future Alpha King?!"

"B-but A-alp-pha-"

"Shut up!!" She growls. "Not one more word. If I hear one more word from any of you, you'd not be returning to your packs ever again. Mark my word."

She gets off the chair and storms out of the room, leaving everyone gasping for air when her phermones release the atmosphere.

Feather heads straight to their room where Florian must be waiting for his call for the meet and greet.

A dull ache forms in her chest at the thought of how the boy would feel knowing what had happened there.

"A-alpha." Florian stands up as soon as he sees her, nervously wringing his fingers.

He is wearing a blue suit with bow tie, hair styled backwards with gel. He looks so damn handsome that Feather wants to rip that suit off and make him hers.

"What happened?" Florian enquires, noting the gloomy look in her eyes.

"Nothing. The meeting's canceled. You can get out of those clothes now."