❁Chapter 26❁

It is like the day the Aleph died again.

The devastated pack members gathering at the yard, awaiting for some sort of news, assurance or anything regarding their missing Aleph's body.

Feather's strong pheromones and emotions putting them all off, causing anxiety to run across their blood. Even taking breaths feel heavier and hard.

"H-how could this have happened?! Someone dared dug out the grave and no one noticed?!!" Feather roars.

No answer comes back.

Juliene and Sam have been checking the cctvs, interviewing the patrol guards but no one knows who'd done it.

More importantly, where the hell did the body go?

Feather tried to put her all to focus on his scent but unfortunately, it didn't work because of the duration of his death is too long. His scent is long gone.

She can feel the same burn all over again, as if someone poured boiling water on her body, and she wants to kill.

While they are all huddled in the meeting room, scouring every possible scope to have a knowledge on the Aleph's whereabouts, there's a loud knock on the door.

One of the guards let it open and Myra, the witch woman, emerges, fearful eyes searching for Feather.

Her body shakes as she contemplates how strong the blow would be this time since she comes bearing news.

"What?" Feather growls, not wanting to be disturbed at this moment.

"Alpha." She bows before continuing to speak. "I have a spell. T-to contact the dead souls. I did it when you all left an- and-"

Feather is up and at her throat in a flash, eyes blood red as her nails dig in Myra's flesh.

"Stutter one more time and you won't be speaking ever again."

"Fea." Juliene rushes to her side to grab her hand down.

Myra coughs, taking scared steps backwards and rubbing around her swollen neck.

"I'm sorry, Myra." Juliene mutters sympathetically. "Please tell us what you saw."

"The deceased souls, two of them came when I called. The souls know all the souls in the underworld. So, I asked them about the Aleph.

They- they said the Aleph's soul never came to the underworld."

Feather freezes, ruby eyes turning grey dead ones as she stares at the woman.

"Do- what does it mean?" Juliene murmurs in shock.

Myra takes a few steps back and wipes at her teary eyes, not knowing how to get the words out.

But the desperate pairs of eyes present in the room urge her to utter the ultimate conclusion out loud.

"The Aleph's alive. And he's out there. Somewhere."

__________

"H- how? We buried him!" Juliene exclaims. "When and how did this happen? How could we not know?!"

"Did you check with the doctor?" Sam asks, Ryna at his side, comforting her mate since all the wolves are distressed due to Feather's excessive emotions floating through the pack link.

"Yes, I did! Doctor Hailey announced his death when I was still at the hospital. I- I didn't have the courage to see him b- but I felt the bond break. We all felt the Aleph's pack bond break. Feather felt it!"