2

Adrián's POV

My alarm blares through my phone, waking me up from my beauty sleep. I slept so well last night. The only downside of going to sleep is waking up.

Especially waking up for school. I mean what's even the point? I would so drop out if I wasn't already a senior. Now for the bigger question, what am I going to wear?

I sigh as I walk into my closet and look for a good first day of school outfit. Also for one to give off a good first impression.

So many options. So many questions. Like, do I wanna look stylish? Do I wanna go for a simple outfit? Decisions. Decisions.

I eventually pick out a baggy style outfit and throw it on. I put on my silver rings and my favorite necklace: a rope chain with an "A" pendant. My mother gave it to me for my 18th birthday. Right before she passed.

I walk downstairs and see my dad flipping pancakes with my Uncle Sebastian on his side, scrambling eggs, and my cousin, Elijah, sitting on the counter messing with his phone.

"Good morning Adrián, I'm making my world famous pancakes," my father says whenever he sees me.

"Good morning my dear father, I cannot wait," I reply back, before being nearly tackled to the ground by Elijah in a bear hug.

"I haven't seen you in so long and now you're going to the same school as me!" Elijah says excitedly.

Elijah and I have always been close. He's my best friend. He's also the lead drummer of our band, Overkill. However, he's like me. He wears a mask at every concert and every public outing. We're the only two member with unknown identities. And the media is going crazy trying to figure out who we are.

We took a break though since Mom died. The rest of the band didn't mind. They rescheduled events until we were ready. Now, we have a concert scheduled this weekend at this big event in the city.

"I know, but at least we're going to see each other, literally 24/7 now. Right?" I reply back with a smile.

He smiles back as Dad and Uncle Sebastian and lay our plates down of pancakes and eggs.

Elijah and I quickly eat and begin to walk out to the garage where I spot his black corvette and my '67 Mustang.

"Come on AG, I'm ready to go to school for once," Elijah says while laughing and hopping into the driver seat of his car.

I nod in reply and get into my car. I put the key into the ignition and it comes to life. This car is my baby. My parents got it for my 15th birthday and honestly, I would kill for this thing.

I make my way to my new school and honestly, I couldn't be more nervous. All these new people. Having to explain my condition, my life, and having to get used to them getting used to me. It's going to be weird. I just hope there's no scene.

Before I know it I'm pulling into the school and park into a spot. I step out and the crowd at the front door stops on their tracks and looks at me. Just great.

Yeah, remember when I said I've been in a few movies that weren't as popular as my dad's? Well they were popular just more with people my age.

I walk to where they're standing and try to get past when some boy with glasses yells at the top of his lungs, "It's Adrian Gomez!" God, so much for trying not to make a scene on the first day.

Just then Elijah comes up and pushes the boy out the way and says, "Really Jacob? Just had to make a scene."

Everyone begins to crowd around us and their sentences all just get drowned out while we try to make our way through the crowd. We practically run to the office to get my schedule.

Elijah looks at the woman at the front desk with a charming smile and says, "Hey Miss Cathy, this is Adrian Gomez, transfer student, she needs her schedule."

Miss Cathy nods and begins typing on her computer with a soft smile. I hear the printer run and she gets up to grab a paper. She returns and hands it to me with the same soft smile and says, "You both have a good day."

I nod in response and show Elijah my schedule to which he smiles.

I show a confused look to which he says, "We have almost all the same classes, just not first period."

I sigh in relief. It feels nice to get lucky enough to know at least one person. Then I look past Elijah.

I always thought the saying of everyone else disappearing whenever you look at someone was fake. But as soon as I saw the girl from last night at her locker, everything, quite literally, disappeared.

She was the only one there. The stars, the sun, the moon, hell, even the whole entire universe, couldn't amount to her beauty in this moment.

I guess Elijah noticed I was admiring something because he followed my eyes and saw who I was admiring.

"Oh no. Quit thinking with your dick. Thats Taylor Scott, the absolute biggest bitch here," He said while laughing.

"I'm just admiring her beauty, and who knows maybe I have a kink for bitches," I say with a smug laugh.

Elijah looks like he just saw a ghost and bursts out laughing, "Of course you do, now come on let's get you to Mrs. Leonard's English class."

I walk in and notice a middle aged woman with brown and gray hair, and glasses on the tip of her nose like how they are in the movies.

Elijah leaves to make it to his first class on time and flashes me a smile as he walks out the door.

"I'm Adrian Gomez, I just transferred here," I say as politely as possible.

She looks up at me with a smile and waves me towards her.

"Okay, Miss Gomez, here is your workbook and you can sit wherever you'd like, the school day hasn't officially started yet," she says while handing me the workbook.

I nod my head as I choose a seat at a table in the back of the classroom. Just then, the bell rings and students begin filling up the classroom. And that beautiful girl, Taylor Scott, walks in. I swear the whole world went silent again.

We made eye contact and she began walking towards me. I took the time to admire her. She had curves in all the right places. Her fingernails were decorated with rose gold acrylics that I'd love to be digging into my back.

She got closer until I could smell her perfume. Vanilla and Peach. Then she opened her mouth to speak.

"You're in my seat," she said with a scowl.

Ugh. This girl. She's so pretty. But her attitude, my god.

I rolled my eyes and said, "It's the first day of school, there's no assigned seats, not even for you, princess."

"First off, I'm not your princess, second off, I sat here last year, it's my seat," she replied, emphasizing the my.

I opened my mouth to respond but was cut off by Mrs. Leonard.

"Well do you wanna know I think? I think you guys should sit beside each other to resolve this madness," she said.

Me and the princess looked at each other before I huffed and shrugged in annoyance. The princess seemed to have lost her crown, because at that moment, her face turned into downright anger.

Before she could speak, though, the teacher told her to sit down with a huff.

"Hello everyone, I know all of you know me, but I'm Mrs. Leonard," the teacher said.

Me and the princess spent the rest of the class side-eyeing each other but eventually the class was over.

It didn't help that we had literally every class together though.

I saw Elijah throughout the day, and at the end, we made our way home. Officially ending my first day of school at this place.

SO GUYS THIS WAS CHAPTER 2!!!! LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!! I love yall!!