Chapter 8: Bane of Monsters

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

---Somewhere at Sea---

Swoosh... swish... zip...

"Captain Nerius, what did King Aquarus commanded us to do?" the humanoid fish being asked his superior.

The squad posses traits of blue scales and fins on his back, arms, and between fingers and toes. Donning patterned protective clothing with golden frills and carrying spears and harpoon weapons.

The captain had a scar diagonally across his face and had a stoic demeanor. He answered his subordinate with in a deep voice. He was an old veteran but none of would say he is weak.

"The king has commanded us to help a human coastal village. Words from advisers say about presence of sea monsters terrorizing the boats of surface- dwellers."

"Grr... why must we help them captain? Aren't they capable enough? Uh... They are feeble" the subordinate complained with a hint of distain for humans in his voice.

"Watch your words Casius. Are you going againts our king's word?" he said with seriousness.

That way of thinking lead many astray. An unnecessary hindrance to cooperation and peace.

The others just watched silently and flinched slightly as the atmosphere between the two became heavier. The subordinate who asked back up abit.

They know how strict and firm captain Nerius when it came to his duties. The scar says it all. Rumors say it was a reminder of the fatality of arrogance and complacency.

"N-n-no c-captain! I just thought w-why we are needed." he said nervously and stutters.

"Hmm... we have our duties and the humans are our allies. They have citizens who cannot fight... same. as. ours." Nerius said, emphasis on the last part and glancing to the warrior.

They are the protectors of Atlantis. Atlanteans are a civilized society. Who were they to discriminate others based solely on thier origins. Not all follow it but why let it corrupt.

"Gulp... I-I apologize captain."

"Remember that well... the last thing we want is to be an insult to our king and queen." he warned his warrior.

"That goes for the rest if you! Now stay alert, we are almost near the coast"

"Yes captain!!" they all said in unison.

---Meanwhile---

Screeeeeeeeee!!

Crash crash

Shatter

Boom boom boom

"Aaaahhh!! Run!!"

At the town, a sea monster around 15 to 20 meters tall rampaged across the town.
It destroyed buildings and shattered windows and asphalt. architecture crumbled by its weigh crashing down.

It had a similar build to a dragon. Covered in black scales from tail to head. Muscular body and a long neck that supports a a head with several dark violet eyes. Lipless and exposed jagged teeth bite and tear through trucks and housed like butter.

Long black tendrils on its back strick at anything it hasnt completely pulverized. The few residents that were present in the area the monster was are running away and many escaped unharmed. Others where injured from debris or the stampede that happened when evacuating.