Chapter 16: First Day Mishap

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

*So your saying ot was all a big misunderstanding?* the man on the other side of the phone asked
"Yup... I did get their business card and a lifetime appliance repair coupon so I left it at that."

Saitama had his phone in speaker mode while unpacking his bag full of clothes and necessities. Shirts and pants, jackets, bonnets, his hero suit, toilet paper and tooth brush, sandals and boots, comics to read, etc.

"Whats the issue anyway?" Saitama said because he sounded serious.

"Its that our satellites couldn't detect you under the storm Mrs. Noble made. It also fried the cams in the city too. HQ is simply demanding more detailed info of the incident." he explained

"Oh, must be a pain in the a$$..." Saitama commented.

"You wouldn't believe it man. The top brass couldn't just go with witness testimony, from the PERSON who attacked YOU." Johnson sounded exasperated.

Saitama sweat dropped hearing the agent getting tired of his job. The hero could somewhat hear the background on the other side having lots of foot traffic and talking.

"Hows their kid doing?" Saitama remembered the pampered child. "Also the thugs I punched, I didn't check if they're alive." he added also remembering he made it hurt for them.

"The Noble's child is fine. The thugs, together with there group, got justice."

Saitama looked outside of the window in the room he was staying for the time being. It was grey and leaves fly across the window.

"Mrs. Noble assisted too, I mean by a lot. Got the clean up crew working over time because of how many buildings she demolished during Operation Sandcastle."

"She's strong so it's expected" our hero complemented.

Saitama can say that the woman is S class from their fight a week before. Genos would have had a hard time fighting her considering she could hurl lightning bolts. Also the several attempts of escaping from his bear hug.

Turns out it was a good decision to trap her like that. She couldn't use powerful attacks if she was also in the line of fire. The collateral damage ceased as well.

"Did you get your ear piece Saitama?" Johnson inquired.

"Yeah, its next to me actually"

Saitama picked the box up and opened it. The inside containers a mold that held the communication ear piece.

"This ear piece will allow us to coordinate with you during missions and provide needed info for you"

"Cool..." the hero said as he took one out and held it close to his eye to inspect it.

"Put it in your ear and long press the circle on it. That will turn it on and automatically connect."

He put the earpiece in his right ear and pushed the button as instructed.

"Can you hear me?" A voice came out of the ear piece.

"Yeah, this is pretty rad."

"Good to hear. Now your mission is to go around Europe in covert operation. Deal with the problems and get out." Johnson instructed further.

"Ok but wait, I'm a hero. Dont we have agents like you to do this kind of stuff?" Saitama asked , feeling bothered.

"We got our hands full of other jobs and we couldn't dispatch any personelle besides you."