Chapter 17: Mission Accomplished

This is a work of fan fiction based on Invincible and OPM, created by their original authors. I do not own any of the characters or settings from the original work, and no copyright infringement is intended. This fanfic is created solely for entertainment purposes.

...

---Some time passes in Europe---

Our hero is now patrolling around the town wearing a blue thermal track suit, a chestnut beanie, gloves, and running shoes.

"Huu... hope this outfit is ok"

He thought of wearing his casual get up and go for a run would make him more covert. Any other clothing he had just made it annoying to move.

Zip...

He opened his track suit and like down to see his hero suit.

Mooo!

He ran far and wide, passing grazing fields full of cattle, meadows, windmills catching wind.

Whoosh...

The cool breeze of northern air make the pine trees sway and the annual trees leaves shed and ride the flow. Birds fly and chirp while foxes wrestle one another on the distant.

Soon enough, he reached the places with more buildings and sky scrapers. He continued to run and eventually stopped infront of an old catholic church and found a bench to sit down on.

"Man... No monsters or bad guys here. Where should I go next?"

Saitama ran fast for several hundred kilometers without stop and hasn't met a hero worthy event.

He looked behind to see rolling hills before he entered the city.

Our hero simply gazed up to the cloud covered sky expressionless. He took his beanie off and let the cool winds massage his hairless scalp.

"Inhale... exhale"

"Should I have ham for dinner?" thinking of the inn's menu

"Good day young man," an old voice greeted.

"please take this..."

A nun walked over to him and offered some snacks to the bald man.

"Oh no granny, thank you but Im fine" he politely declines.

This also came as a surprise to him and raised his hands.

"Please, treat this as a gift. You seem troubled" she insists. "May I sit?" she asked.

"Oh, ok." reluctantly accepted.

"Please sit granny" he patted the open space next to him.

The nun sat next to him. She nodded as thanks.

"Tell me young man, why is a child of our Lord seem troubled?"

"Oh, Im not troubled really. Its just... well," Saitama hesitated a little to confess.

"Go ahead child, Im willing to listen. I will not judge." she encouraged him.

"Well... things seem to get boring now." he said with honesty.

"I've done what I can yet still I unable to get what I want. Specially the way that I am now, granny"

Things became uninteresting since he became incredibly strong. All the fights he had are always boring.

"Well not entirely boring. There are alot of cool stuff in the world but still... I feel I wont get what i really want and-"

The old lady placed a hand on his shoulder and gave a warm smile. Eyes blurry yet compassionate.