Chapter 221: You're Useless

What a joke. Forty or fifty people expecting Zhang Yi to save them? Zhang Yi couldn't care less about saving even four or five people. These were the kind of people who were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, living more exciting lives in their twenty years than many did in sixty-five. These young masters and princesses, saving any of them would just mean inviting trouble for himself.
"I'm just here to take Yang Xinxin away, forget about the rest!" Zhang Yi said, intending to take Yang Xinxin with him. But were these children of officials and wealthy merchants fools? Some of them had already noticed that Zhang Yi had no intention of taking them with him. So, a few students quietly approached Yang Xinxin and then held her hostage."You must take us all with you! Otherwise, we'll kill her!" Zhang Mengning said grimly. Lu Keran hadn't expected her classmates to do that. Wanting to come over to rescue Yang Xinxin, she was directly pushed to the ground by a tall male student."No! You're all classmates, you can't do this!" Liang Yue weakly protested. But who would listen to her now? In the eyes of these students, she was just a high-level bodyguard. At this critical moment, they chose to be selfish!Several students controlled Yang Xinxin. Zhang Mengning stared fiercely at Zhang Yi. "If you don't take us with you, then nobody goes!"Zhang Yi chuckled. He didn't care about Yang Xinxin; instead, he looked at Xu Fatty and Uncle You. "Why are there so many self-righteous people in this world?" In a moment that seemed casual, his hands had already switched to a more easily controllable police pistol."Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!" Four consecutive shots, Zhang Yi didn't hesitate at all! Without exception, there were bloody holes on the foreheads of the four students next to Yang Xinxin. They stared blankly ahead, their consciousness dissipating in the next moment!"Thud—" Four bodies fell to the ground, unseeing in death."Murder!""Ah!!!" The surrounding students scattered in all directions, avoiding Zhang Yi as if he were a wild beast. Their eyes were full of deep fear.Liang Yue widened her eyes in anger, pointing at Zhang Yi. "You... you actually killed these children!"Zhang Yi sneered, "They're not exactly children, are they? They're old enough, and even know how to threaten others with their classmates' lives. You call that children?"Zhang Yi ignored their moral blackmail and walked to Yang Xinxin with a gun in his hand. Seeing the dead bodies on the ground, Yang Xinxin's face surprisingly remained calm. Numb? As long as her brain was still functioning, she would be fine after a while without too much psychological trauma.Meanwhile, Liang Yue was still scolding Zhang Yi for his heartlessness and begged him to take these students away. Zhang Yi couldn't be bothered with her."Let's go, I'll take you home!" He reached out to Yang Xinxin.For the first time, there was a flicker in Yang Xinxin's sky-blue eyes. "Hmm." She nodded and reached out her hand."Um... could you take my friend with us?" She pleaded."Friend?" Zhang Yi looked towards Lu Keran not far from Yang Xinxin, who was struggling. After witnessing Zhang Yi's methods of killing, Lu Keran didn't dare to approach, but her eyes clearly showed her desire for Zhang Yi to take her with them.Zhang Yi raised an eyebrow. A freeloader? He didn't seem to need one very much."She's like me, a student specially admitted to Tianqing Academy.""What does 'specially admitted' mean?" Zhang Yi asked with a smile."These students here are only two kinds of people. One is the children of high-ranking officials and nobles, and the other is geniuses specially admitted to the school to bring fame to it.""The latter need to participate in various domestic and international competitions all year round and win awards to increase the school's reputation.""Keran is a genius in mechanical engineering, and in this field, she's no less than a master's degree holder in engineering from Caltech."She touched the wheelchair she was sitting in. "This wheelchair was customized for me by her! It's been so long and there hasn't been any problem."Yang Xinxin was eager to promote her friend to Zhang Yi.Zhang Yi couldn't help but give Lu Keran another look. This girl with short hair looked physically fit. Only with good physical fitness could one be a qualified mechanic."What can you do?" Zhang Yi asked.Lu Keran's eyes lit up, knowing that her opportunity had come. She hurriedly said, "I'm very good at designing and repairing vehicles, and I also have some knowledge of firearms. If you take me back, I can modify cars and firearms for you!""And, out of interest, I've studied the techniques of forging. If conditions are right, I can also make cold weapons for you."Zhang Yi admitted that this girl had successfully persuaded him. He needed talents in this area now!Clapping his hands, Zhang Yi said, "Alright, you come with us!"Lu Keran and Yang Xinxin looked at each other, excitement uncontrollable in their eyes."Thank you... um... may I ask how I should address you?" Zhang Yi chuckled, "My name is Zhang Yi, just call me brother according to your age.""Yes, Big Brother Zhang Yi!" Lu Keran smiled happily.Zhang Yi let Lu Keran push Yang Xinxin's wheelchair, preparing to leave here.The remaining students were almost in tears."Mr. Zhang, I have skills too! I can drive, I'm excellent at driving!""I'm proficient in eight foreign languages, I can be your translator!""I'm proficient in literature, I can recite Dream of the Red Chamber fluently!"...There were indeed many geniuses among the crowd. After all, they had received elite education from childhood to adulthood. Even Liang Yue, a national martial arts master, was called to be their martial arts teacher, indicating how rich their educational resources were.However, most of what they mastered was useless in the apocalypse because most people focused on fields like literature, history, philosophy, and finance.Not very practical, naturally not arousing Zhang Yi's interest."If you just leave like this, we'll all die!"Among the crowd, a girl with long wavy hair walked out bravely, bravely confronting Zhang Yi.Shen Miaoke, the class monitor."Now Teacher Liang is very weak, and that monster has been released by you.""Once you leave, what will happen if it comes back to kill us?"Just thinking about that terrible monster cast a thick cloud of gloom over every student's heart."If you hadn't intervened, that monster might have been killed by Teacher Liang.""Are you really going to just leave like this?""Even if you have to leave, at least help us deal with that trouble!"Although the students feared Zhang Yi's gun, they were unwilling to wait for death.But Zhang Yi remained indifferent.He shrugged, "You're making it sound as if we didn't show up, you'd definitely survive!"