Chapter 234 Adopting a Cat

Upon hearing Liang Yue's name, the surrounding students all turned to look.
Wu Chengyu hurriedly whispered, "Miss Liang, don't forget about us!"Liang Yue dismounted from her bicycle and said, "I am Liang Yue."Secretary Ge's gaze met Liang Yue's in midair. She suddenly smiled and walked over.All eyes were on the two of them, wondering why such a high-ranking secretary would come personally to the Fourth Life Warehouse.Secretary Ge approached and shook hands with Liang Yue."Hello, Miss Liang Yue. I am Secretary Ge Rou, the secretary of our leader. Our leader wishes to meet you.""Wow—"The entire workshop instantly became agitated, everyone buzzing with excitement.The leader of the Western Mountain Organization wants to meet this newcomer? Does this not mean she's about to rise in status?The students were even more thrilled."Miss Liang...""Miss Liang..."Hearing the noisy voices, Secretary Ge merely glanced around indifferently.Instantly, everyone fell silent, not daring to make a sound.Secretary Ge smiled and extended her hand. "Please, follow me!"Liang Yue was also curious about what kind of person Chen Xinian was. But any opportunity to leave this sweatshop was always a good thing. She nodded and followed Secretary Ge out.After Secretary Ge left, a soldier called out the names of two more students."Luo Nianchen, Dongfang Qingming. Come here!"The two students were ecstatic, quickly dismounting their bicycles and running over amidst the envious gazes of others.The soldiers led them away from the power plant as well.Accompanied by Secretary Ge, Liang Yue traversed the underground space of the entire Western Mountain Base and arrived at the office of Chen Xinian, the leader of the Western Mountain Organization.He was a middle-aged man in his fifties, with neatly combed gray hair, looking sharp and astute.After seeing Liang Yue, Chen Xinian walked over with a smile and shook her hand.The gentle smile on Chen Xinian's face made Liang Yue feel a rare warmth. With the semi-grown children from Tianqing Academy, she was often exhausted. The students forgot that she also needed a haven for her soul.After a conversation, Liang Yue was deeply attracted by Chen Xinian's vision for the Western Mountain Base, including the structure of the Fourth Life Warehouse, which she also approved of."In order to preserve the seeds of Huaxia civilization and maintain this base, I hope you can lend me your strength, Miss Liang!"Chen Xinian said sincerely to Liang Yue.After a brief thought, Liang Yue nodded in agreement."If there's anything I can help with, please feel free to ask!"The smile on Chen Xinian's face grew even richer. He immediately called Secretary Ge over to arrange accommodation for Liang Yue.Liang Yue was promoted directly from the Fourth Life Warehouse to the Second Life Warehouse!There were single-room houses here, with interiors resembling high-end office buildings. The bright lights made people forget they were hundreds of meters underground.There were also delicious food and unlimited hot water available."Isn't this place great?"Liang Yue's heart was filled with warmth. She felt that she had come to the right place, while those students working in the power plant were still waiting for her to return.

......

At Cloud Que Mansion.Recently, Zhang Yi's main task was to feed the cat.The demon cat, Huahua, was the first mutated animal he had encountered. Its powerful physique, sharp fur like steel needles, and innate fighting ability of felines deeply attracted Zhang Yi.He had already decided that he must get this demon cat and make it his pet. Because animals are often more reliable than humans. As long as you establish a good relationship with them, they are definitely the most trustworthy helpers!Perhaps it was because last time Zhang Yi had intervened to stop it from fighting Liang Yue, Huahua felt Zhang Yi's goodwill. Its attitude towards Zhang Yi gradually improved.One noon, Zhang Yi squatted at the door with a large cat bowl in front of him. It was filled with cat treats and premium cat food, even two fresh fish. Not far away, Huahua returned to its normal form and was eating voraciously.No cat could resist delicious treats, and this stuff was even dubbed as the ultimate lure for stray cats.With a smile, Zhang Yi said to it, "Huahua, I've been feeding you for a week. Look, you've eaten so much of my food. From now on, you'll be my cat. Come home with me, okay?""Meow—"Huahua lifted its head, glanced at Zhang Yi, squinted slightly, and then buried its head to continue eating."As long as you come with me, I guarantee you'll have this kind of food to eat every day until you're full!""The house is especially warm inside, and there's a fireplace to keep warm. Look, how lively the flames are burning. It's freezing cold outside, why stay here?"Zhang Yi coaxed in a methodical manner.After finishing a large bowl of food, Huahua squatted on the ground, cleaning its claws and fur.When it heard what Zhang Yi said, its gaze passed through the glass and looked at the fireplace in the room. For the first time, there was a hint of hesitation in its eyes.Perhaps at first, it followed because of the girl who had fed it. But as an intelligent creature far beyond ordinary animals, it also realized that this man's home was indeed very comfortable.Zhang Yi had been feeding it for a long time and even provided medical treatment for its injuries. Besides, there wasn't a more suitable place around now. Following this man didn't seem like a bad choice.Zhang Yi saw the longing for the warm room in its eyes—cats aren't animals that can withstand cold temperatures; they have an innate desire for warmth.Perhaps it's because their ancestors lived in the deserts of Egypt.Zhang Yi felt that the opportunity was right, so he slowly walked towards the house while opening the door."Huahua, do you want to come in and take a look? It's very comfortable inside!"Zhang Yi was gentle, like an old father.In recent days, even Zhou Ker and Yang Mi would feel jealous when they saw this. Because Zhang Yi was never as good to them as he was to a cat!But for Zhang Yi, animals were indeed more trustworthy than people, and they could be loved without burden.Huahua tilted its head, licked its fur a couple of times, then finally turned its eyes, raised its tail, and cautiously approached.Zhang Yi's eyes lit up, there was hope!"There's more delicious food inside. Do you want to come in often?"He lured the cat step by step into the house.And Huahua actually followed him into the house!Success!Zhang Yi was ecstatic.Until Huahua strolled into the house, explored around curiously, and then leaped onto the sofa!It began to scratch the expensive sofa "ka ka ka".Both the floor and the sofa were left with its dirty paw prints.However, Zhang Yi didn't show any signs of displeasure. Instead, he encouraged generously, "It's okay, you can look around everywhere here. This place will be your home from now on!"Zhou Ker felt a little jealous and said, "It's a good thing this cat can't turn into a woman. Otherwise, I'm afraid I won't have any status in this family!"