Chapter 224: Both Are Talented Individuals

The snowstorm persisted, though the snowflakes were much smaller than a month ago, while the wind remained strong.
The snow vehicle headed towards the Yunque Manor. It was cold outside, but warm and cozy inside the vehicle.Zhang Yi's expression remained unchanged, but his gaze shifted slightly."So, your target is me? How do you explain that? We haven't had any contact before," Zhang Yi questioned.Yang Xinxin explained in a calm tone, "I thought that idiotic sister of mine was already dead. Given her intelligence and abilities, she could barely survive in the entertainment industry.""Saving people? She's lucky to be able to fend for herself," Zhang Yi remarked."That's why I didn't pin my hopes on her being alive.""And then?" Zhang Yi inquired."Then, I received a message from the outside on my phone."She took out her phone from her clothes.It was a phone Zhang Yi had never seen before, unclear about its brand or model.It seemed to be a customized product, explaining its powerful signal reception capability."Its performance is comparable to that of a regular supercomputer. With just a little analysis, I could find all the information about you, big brother," she said, eyeing Zhang Yi's handsome and resolute profile."Xinxin really admires you, big brother! You started as an ordinary warehouse manager but managed to achieve so much in the apocalypse."Zhang Yi's back felt cold.Damn, in this highly informationized modern era, it's way too easy for a top-notch hacker to get hold of your information."How much do you know about me?" Zhang Yi asked, feeling uneasy."Well... almost everything!" Yang Xinxin said confidently. "As long as it's available online, I can find it with a flick of my finger.""Including your involvement in the Walmart South China Warehouse theft case, your bank transfer records, and the fact that you killed so many neighbors in Yue Lu Community!"She suddenly covered her face with her hands, blushing, her eyes filled with infatuation."After reading your story, Xinxin is really fascinated!"Zhang Yi thought, Damn, she's a yandere! Being targeted by a beautiful but psychotic yandere was chilling, unsure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.Taking a deep breath, Zhang Yi continued, "So, you knew I lived with Yang Mi and Zhou Ker?"Yang Xinxin nodded. "Yes, that's right! Although I wasn't sure if big brother would come to save Xinxin, if you didn't, Xinxin would have come to find you.""But you did come to save Xinxin, and Xinxin is so happy!"As she spoke, she gently reached out, grabbing Zhang Yi's cuff, her face turning red with embarrassment.Zhang Yi was speechless.He thought everything was under his control, but unexpectedly fell into someone else's design.This beautiful and formidable little girl was too scheming!Such a person must be kept around. It's better to have her as an ally than an enemy."Um, Xinxin! I want to ask a question. Since you have such a good relationship with that demon cat, does it obey your commands completely?"At Yang Xinxin's words, Zhang Yi muttered to himself.The temperament of cats was the most unpredictable.Besides domesticated pet cats, stray cats or rural cats retained their wildness, hardly trusting humans and extremely difficult to tame."It might be worth a try. There's plenty of cat food, dried fish, and catnip in the warehouse. These foods are probably tastier than human food, right?""Ah, I've never tried them, so I can't compare. Anyway, let's give it a try!"The group returned to the Yunque Manor.To thank Wang Pangzi, Zhang Yi gave him another package of food and a limited edition deer-eye round cushion.Wang Pangzi was overjoyed, holding onto the cushion immediately and refusing to let go.As for Uncle You, Zhang Yi took out two large barrels of finished oil for him to take back.Uncle You didn't refuse. His ability to acquire resources wasn't as convenient as Zhang Yi's, and gasoline was indeed something he needed."You two have worked hard today," Zhang Yi said with a smile.Uncle You and Xu Pangzi left with smiles on their faces, stating that they could be contacted anytime if needed in the future.This mission was relatively easy for them, with little danger and generous rewards from Zhang Yi, leaving them quite happy.That's just how Zhang Yi was; he was never stingy when it came to people he considered his own."See you later!"The group parted ways.Zhang Yi then returned to the shelter with Yang Xinxin and Lu Kernan.The two girls had been starving and freezing at Tianqing Academy for over a month. Now, arriving at this warm and luxurious shelter, excitement flickered in their eyes.Even Yang Xinxin couldn't help but look around."Oh my god, this place is like heaven! I can't imagine such a happy place still exists in the apocalypse!"Lu Kernan's eyes welled up with tears of excitement. This tough girl rarely cried but now wiped her eyes."As long as you two help me well in the future and ensure the safety of this place, you can continue to live here happily," Zhang Yi told them.Lu Kernan nodded repeatedly, pointing to the ceiling, "Big brother, I, Lu Kernan, will wholeheartedly follow you in the future!"Yang Xinxin, shyly lowering her head, grabbed the hem of her clothes and said, "If I help you... does that include aspects of life?"Zhang Yi was slightly speechless.Lu Kernan was a bit straightforward and didn't understand the meaning of Yang Xinxin's words.Zhang Yi bent down in front of her, patting her still somewhat cold cheek."You're young, but you understand a lot!""But for me, your main task is to help me and maintain the security of the entire shelter! Understand?"Although Yang Xinxin was very beautiful, for Zhang Yi, her greatest value lay in being a top-level computer expert.Zhang Yi wouldn't have any improper thoughts just because he met a pretty girl.After hearing Zhang Yi's words, the trace of wariness in Yang Xinxin's eyes disappeared, but she felt somewhat disappointed for some reason.Her gaze fell on her own legs, thinking: Does he despise me because of this?Women are a difficult species to understand.If Zhang Yi had designs on her, she would be wary of him, but if Zhang Yi didn't have designs on her, she would think that Zhang Yi despised her because of her disability.