Chapter 233 Morning Meeting

Wu Chengyu's words stirred the classmates. They all turned to Liang Yue with pleading eyes, one by one gathering around her, wanting to grasp her clothes and seek her protection.
"Liang teacher, you have to speak up for us!""You're the teacher, taking care of the students is your responsibility!""We can't do labor work, can you talk to the base and let us do some easier jobs?"After a day of recovery, Liang Yue's physical strength had mostly returned. Now she was incredibly formidable in combat. Even facing soldiers with firearms, she could swiftly eliminate them. But she was a rational person and wouldn't act impulsively because of momentary emotions.After listening to Wu Chengyu's words, she didn't find any serious issues with the Western Mountain Base. It was just social stratification, a common phenomenon since the existence of human activity. Liang Yue also didn't support the idea of students avoiding labor."I will ensure your safety. As for labor, I'll need to observe further."The classmates were obviously dissatisfied with this reply. But Liang Yue was their last hope now, so they couldn't afford to disrespect her as they had done to the physical education teacher before. Thus, they could only continue to beseech and persuade Liang Yue by her side.Feeling a bit annoyed, Liang Yue said, "It's getting late, everyone go back and rest! We have to work tomorrow, so you'd better be well-rested."Reluctantly, the classmates left, but before they departed, they didn't forget to ask Liang Yue to adjust their work tasks.Liang Yue indeed had this intention. She planned to talk to the person in charge of the Western Mountain Base tomorrow. After all, the current living environment made her feel particularly oppressed. If she could change the living conditions here, she was willing to contribute.---The next morning at six o'clock, the loudspeaker in the dormitory started blaring. Everyone was awakened. The new students followed the previous ones to wash up together. Half an hour was enough for them to freshen up.Liang Yue and others joined the crowd and headed to the cafeteria. The female leader who managed the power plant came with several soldiers. She looked at the hundreds of power workers below, a hint of a smile on her face."Good morning, dear ones! Today marks the 48th day of our survival. Let's thank our great leader Comrade Chen Xinian for leading us to survive happily until now!"Immediately, someone raised their hand below and shouted, "Long live our great leader Comrade Chen Xinian!"Others quickly raised their fists and shouted loudly, "Long live our great leader Comrade Chen Xinian!"They shouted three times before stopping. The female leader continued, "Yesterday, our team rescued another group of survivors from outside. From now on, we are all one family!"She looked in the direction of Liang Yue and others, smiling and saying, "Come, family members. Please introduce yourselves to everyone!""Clap, clap—"All the others looked at Liang Yue and the others, applauding warmly.Liang Yue felt her scalp tingling. She was all too familiar with this scene! This was brainwashing. What was even more frightening was that Liang Yue understood this brainwashing method. Thinking oneself smart wouldn't prevent assimilation. The herd effect could cause individuals to gradually identify with everyone and the environment. Eventually, even if you constantly reminded yourself it was hypnosis and brainwashing, your mind and body would adapt to the environment, making it impossible to escape."Using this method to manage the lower class?" Liang Yue took a deep breath. Although she understood, she felt helpless. The herd effect was ubiquitous. She led the students to the front and, as instructed by the female leader, they introduced themselves one by one."Next is our routine morning meeting. Who's hosting today?" the female leader asked.A middle-aged woman raised her hand. "It's me today!""Alright, let's begin!" After the female leader finished speaking, instead of leaving, she walked to the front row and stood with the others. Then the middle-aged woman confidently stepped onto the stage, a pleased smile on her face. Looking at the many people below, she felt the same leadership feeling she had outside."The first item on the morning meeting agenda is praising the organization!"The middle-aged woman led, and everyone sang together."With the light of the rising sun, illuminating our dreams in the Western Mountains, hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder, we bear the snow, rain, wind, and frost together."With our passionate aspirations, we ignite the mighty power of the Western Mountains!"You and I, we together, create a new glory!"Realize dreams, release passion, we embrace the brilliance of the next second tightly!"Realize dreams, blood boiling, we sail against the wind together, we set sail and voyage together!"Liang Yue and the others followed along, singing the blurry song of the Western Mountain organization. The host specifically told the newcomers that they must learn to sing this song within three days, and someone would check.It wasn't over yet; they moved on to the segment of small games. They played three games in total: Squatting Carrots, Pictionary, and group gymnastics. After all this, everyone, under the command of the female leader, returned to their respective workstations to generate electricity for the Western Mountain organization.Liang Yue noticed that after the morning meeting, the expressions of those students had subtly changed. Though they still looked unhappy, they seemed to be integrating into the collective. They could now chat with the fellow workers they met during the games."Well, it's not bad. If we can't resist, then just accept life obediently! At least we can survive," Liang Yue thought to herself.If life could continue like this, it would be better than waiting to die outside. But in life, you never know whether surprises or accidents will come first.Around ten in the morning, several well-armed soldiers suddenly arrived at the power plant. Their arrival immediately attracted everyone's attention. The female leader of the factory hurried over. Several soldiers stood at the door, and then a young woman in a suit, wearing burgundy glasses, walked in slowly."Secretary Ge, why did you come to a place like this in person? If you have any orders, just let me know, and I'll take care of it for you," the female leader said, trying to please the young woman.Secretary Ge's eyes didn't linger on her; instead, she said, "Yesterday, a group of survivors was just discovered. Is Miss Liang Yue here?"

( This novel is entirely free. If you enjoy it, feel free to tip via PayPal: wjw6710@gmail.com . Any amount is appreciated. Your support is my greatest motivation to continue. Thank you! )