Chapter 21: Home Sweet Home

As promised here is the next chapter! Thank you so much for your votes last night!

Picture of Briella to the side------------->

___________________________________________

(Damen's P.O.V.) 

I repeat, What the hell is going on? Why the hell is my dead mate here? At her funeral? I distinctly felt the bond break! How is she not dead? Is this some cruel joke?  

My wolf surged with power as soon as he set eyes on his very much alive mate. He wanted out. He wanted his mate, but from the looks of it, his mate did not want him. Cassidy had an aura of power and anger, as if this was the last place she wanted to be - which is probably true. If she didn't want to be here why was she? Why didn't she remain dead? I'm glad she didn't but why come back now? Today?  

She just stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. She looked breathtaking. Her red-brown hair was curled to perfection, the blond streak standing out as ever. She looked like she also lost the little bit of fat she had around her midsection, not that I ever thought she needed to lose it. She has always looked beautiful to me. Her black skinny jeans made it look like her legs went on for miles, also adding the black ankle boots. Her white blouse contrasted with her tanned skin, as if she spent a significant amount of time in the sun. She looked different - more mature. She didn't look like the Cassidy who left here almost two years ago, or the one I saw in the club almost a year ago. Her face was expressionless, all that was there was a stone cold glare that she was sending at the entire pack present here. 

"What? Nothing to say?" She asked bored. I didn't realize how much I had actually missed her voice until now. I could even smell her mouthwatering scent when a breeze blew through the clearing. The familiar scent of vanilla and berries hit me like a freight train. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Briella was the first one to speak, besides Cassidy. 

"I would watch your tone." Cassidy warned her eyes flashed black so quickly that I thought I had imagined it. 

"Why should I? You're not the boss of me. It's not like you could take me on anyways. You aren't a shifter and I am." Briella said while flipping her hair over her shoulder, completely missing Cassidy's wolf had made its presence known just a few seconds ago.  

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her stupidity. Cassidy was a shifter. Couldn't anyone else smell it? She wasn't masking her scent anymore. And her eyes were a dead giveaway if they missed that. 

"Are you sure about that?" Cassidy challenged. 

Briella sniffed the air as if just realizing Cassidy's scent wasn't the same. God she was stupid. "How is that even possible? You can't be a shifter!" She yelled in outrage. 

"Oh shut up you worthless whore. No one wants to hear your whiny, high-pitched voice. So I repeat, shut up." Jake muttered to his sister. A few people gasped at his boldness. Jake never said anything too harsh to a female let alone a shifter too, no one in the pack really did. 

"How dare you!" Briella yelled at her brother who just shrugged it off and smiled over at Cassidy. She sent him a curt nod and turned her attention back to the rest of us. 

"Anyone else have anything to say or is it my turn now?" She waited a few moments, to see if anyone else dared to speak. When no one did she continued. "As you have all probably figured out by now, I am a shifter. I masked my scent from you all because I saw how power hungry you all were, well are. You ruin anything that is good in this world. You take things for granted and you didn't deserve to know about me." She said disapprovingly. "The one person who knew and didn't say anything will forever be in my debt. They were there for me when I needed it. When you all treated me like dirt and an outcast, they were there to remind me why I was still here. That person was my savior at the time." She paused to take a breath. "Now you are probably wondering why I came back huh?"