Chapter 22: Darkness Follows

Thank you for all the votes! Sorry it took two days longer then it should've for me to post!

Thank you to my new followers also: fullodrama_, Rock_Lover000, HariettoT, shokzFOB, and ashkabash.

Enjoy:)

________________________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

Where the hell did all of that come from? I never talk like that... It was like some kind of power leaked into my voice, making me feel incredibly powerful - almost like I was the one in charge of them... Well, I did kind of take charge huh? I grinned. I have never stood up for myself like that! Not to their faces. I always just vented later to my mom or, more recently, to Riley. The packs shocked faces were definitely worth the trip back here. I couldn't tell if they were surprised by my sudden appearance, me obviously not dead, or from the fact I was also a shifter, and a damn strong one at that. Or maybe it was from the fact I kicked their weak Alpha flat across the clearing, yet again it could have been about me having a daughter too... Maybe it was all of them combined? That was more likely, they experienced stages of shock. I had to let out the laugh I had been holding in when I saw their faces.  

I fell backwards onto my old bed laughing. Riley just held Evangeline on his hip looking at me like I was crazy. "Th-their f-f-faces w-were soo fun-ny!" I stuttered in between laughs. Riley let out a few laughs of his own and Ev joined in too for some reason. She had the cutest high pitched giggle.  

"I was watching from the house and man, they were so shocked that I think a few of them S-H-I-T-T-E-D their pants! And if they hadn't then they certainly did when you kicked that Alpha across the clearing!" Riley exclaimed, again spelling out the bad word to prevent Ev from repeating it. 

"Well he should have never tried to attack me! No, he didn't know the consequences but attacking a female shifter? And one who may or may not have had training of any sort? How is that fair? Or how an Alpha should act? They are here to protect pack members. That was as far from protection you could get. And did you see how easy it was to take him out? Like really?! Alphas are supposed to be above average strong wise and he was waaaay below that. It was like kicking a pillow...." I rambled until I ran out of breath when I finally faded off so I could catch my breath.  

"Momma!" My baby girl semi-shouted in Riley's ear while reaching out to me. Riley handed her over and she just smiled happily.  

"So what was it like? Finally letting all of that out?" Riley asked after I had calmed down from my laughing and ranting.  

"I felt so empowered." I said almost happily. "It felt like I was the Alpha and they had to listen to me! It felt so natural and ...." I just faded off. "You know?" I asked rhetorically. 

"Not at all." Riley chuckled while shaking his head and answering anyways. "But in reality Cass, you are their rightful Alpha female now..." Riley reminded me. "I think you tapped into your Luna voice today. Though you shouldn't have been able to due to the fact you and Damen haven't mated..." I growled but he continued ignoring me. "Or ever will," I relaxed at that. "You just shouldn't have been able to have access to it yet. Maybe if you were marked or something but you're not soo... I don't know how you did it." 

"I don't either. It was like my wolf was perfectly in sync with me and everything just clicked into place. I was meant to lead; I can feel it in my bones. My wolf wanted to show her dominance and I think she was the one who tapped into that to show it." I explained my hypothesis.