Chapter 25: Training Part 2

Again, I don't know how well this chapter turned out.... Let me know what you all think? Comment away please!

_________________________________________

(Damen's P.O.V.) 

Every time I try and talk to Cassidy something either gets in the way or goes wrong, even both. I admit I royally screwed up when I rejected her because I was following orders but I couldn't get the chance to explain that to her. First she ran away for almost a year, when I found her all we did was argue and then she temporarily died. I still need to hear the rest of that story... Now she is back and I still can't catch a break. Either she is in a bad mood, someone pisses her off, she is with that prick Riley, with her daughter, or I get ambushed like this morning. 

Briella completely took me off guard this morning. I was just waiting, anxiously, for Cassidy to come downstairs, when she waltzed into the kitchen and kissed me. I didn't even get time to react because next thing I knew Cassidy walked in. Briella had definitely planned that one for sure. How she knew Cassidy would walk in in that exact moment was beyond me. Everything was, and still is, so messed up!  

I try to explain and I get interrupted. I lost my chance to even try and earn a second chance the moment she saw Briella and I. I can only imagine what will happen if Cassidy finds out that I actually slept with her. I was drunk out of my mind, I thought I could smell Cassidy, and I was actually taken advantage of. Life just gets more and more complicated by the day.  

I was stuck in my thoughts so I didn't notice that someone was talking to me until they waved a hand in front of my face. "Why do you look like your dog just died? No pun intended." Jake asked me. Our relationship had gotten slightly better the past year. He still deeply hated me, not that I blame him for it, I hate me too, but at least now we can carry on a conversation and be in the same room. There were a few instances when just the sight of me would set him off and he would have to leave to let his wolf out. Other times he would just leave the room when I walked in or start yelling at me. I almost preferred the yelling because at least then I could sulk and feel guilty, I could wallow in the reminder of how much of an ass I was, well am.  

"It's just hard having her here and not being able to explain anything to her. To maybe get a second cha-" I started but was cut off. 

"You stay away from her. Understand? She came back so your wolf and you could get closure. Also to get the pack back on its feet, but after she does that she will prob'ly go back to the Redwood's pack with her boyfriend. So let her be happy. Let her go man." Jake both threatened and told me.  

"I can't just let her leave again without explaining! She is the rightful Luna of this pack! I refuse to lose her a third time!" I fired back heatedly. I had told Jake the real reason behind the rejection a few weeks before Cassidy's funeral. He took it exactly like I thought he would: he was upset, yelling, called me every foul name in the book, and stormed off. When he came back though it was like he had finally accepted it. Something had changed about him and no one could figure it out. But the next thing I knew Cassidy walked into her funeral very much alive and Jake looked as if he had knew as much. Maybe that is what made him finally forgive me and step up as the Beta I knew he'd be. Maybe knowing my rejection didn't actually cause her death let him forgive me enough for us to slowly but surely move on. 

Jake looked angry but understanding at the same time. "I understand that you won't want to let her go, now that your bond has started again, but can't you see that everything about being here hurts her? She doesn't want to be here, this isn't her home anymore. She wanted out, that's why she stayed dead. She wants to move on. Don't be the thing that stops her from doing just that. If she lets you explain fine, but don't push it." Jake sighed. "Don't try anything to win her over, if she wants to be with you she will come to you. Don't hold your breath and wait for it though, because chances are that she will be heading back to the Redwood back with what looks like the father of her darling daughter." Jake pointed out.