Chapter 29: Seriously Never Ends Does It?

• Dedicated to ALL MY FOLLOWERS AND READERS!

I know its been foreeevvvverr since I updated! And Im sooooo sorry! I meant to do more but I got so caught up in school summer assignments:(

Id like to say thank you for your patience, and thank you to my new followers: NinaSarvik and shaz4ever! You guys are all awesome!

Enough from me, here is a chapter, no its not that long but its still a chapter.

Enjoy:)

_________________________________________________

(Cassidy's P.O.V.) 

I thought waking up to the peaceful-sleeping face of my mate was the last thing I expected. But opening the door to my brother's mate was a much bigger surprise. His freaking M-A-T-E! He failed to ever mention that! Did anyone even know he had met her yet? Judging by Damen's surprised look I'd say not. 

The girl in front of me looked breathtaking. Her curly hair was held up by what I think is a pencil. Her clothes showed she was practical yet not afraid to show some of her femininity. She was wearing a loose fitting t-shirt, yoga capris, and flip-flops. In my initial glance over I happened to miss the ring on her left hand, but as I relooked it instantly caught my attention. That must've been the reason that he never brought her up, she was already married and must have rejected him. Being rejected was not something I'd wish on anyone - okay, maybe Briella but can you blame me? Being rejected is one of the worst pains a werewolf can ever feel. It feels like your heart has been crushed in your chest, like it will never beat again because all you feel is the burning pain of numbness. You feel hallow, like you will never feel happiness again. The pain will lessen if both sides accept the rejection and mate with others, most likely humans, this permanently breaks the bond. But if only one person rejects the other, the rejected, that refuses to accept it, could eventually die from losing their wolf. Very few survive the loss of their wolf, the only one I actually know of is - was - Logan. 

Before I could tell this girl off, and believe me I was going to, Damen cut me off by inviting her in. She followed behind us not saying a word as we walked into the living room. Upon sitting down I cut right to the chase. 

"Look, I'm not one to beat around the bush; I see that ring on your finger, so you obviously rejected my brother. Why are you here now?" I said icily. 

She looked a taken-back. I already knew she was a wolf by her scent, not a shifter though, so she didn't stand a chance against me if it came to that for some reason - which it won't. "I know something happened to him. I may have rejected him but I made a mistake, I'm planning on leaving my fiance for him and I was going to come here after I did but before I could I just felt like something really bad happened. And being that we both accepted the rejection, I could only tell that something was wrong but not what happened. So where is Jake, can I see him?" Her eyes glistened with unshed tears.  

I felt my eyes begin to tear up also. I have lost too many people in my life. I don't know what I'd do if I lost another. "Jakes dead." I said softly and emotionlessly. I stood up from the couch and walked to what used to be Jake's old room - needing the comfort of my brothers scent. 

Behind me I heard the girl, Morgan, let out a sob, followed by running footsteps and the slam of the front door. As much as I felt for the girl, nothing good ever comes from rejecting your mate. There is always a price that comes with it and from what I've noticed it seems to be death. I died temporarily, and now Jake is dead. How can fate be so cruel? Taking away people's chances at happiness? Not giving them a chance to fix it? Yes I got one, but I would be dead if it wasn't for Riley coming after me and saving me. I should be dead, then maybe Jake wouldn't be. Life is unfair.  

Reaching Jake's room I crawled onto his bed and breathed in the comforting scent of my brother. He used to be there for me when we were kids, and yes, as we got older we grew apart but in some ways he was still there for me.  

I heard footsteps from the hallway, I recognized them as Damen. His scent soon enveloped me as he spooned me from behind, just letting me know he was there for me. His touch instantly calmed me. "It hurts." I whispered. "I'm the reason he's dead. If I had hadn't run away..." I trailed off as the tears and sobs wracked my body. Damen rolled me over to face him. He brushed the tears from my cheeks and the hair from my face. He kissed my forehead and just held me until my tears subsided when he said, "It's not your fault. It's all mine. I made you run away - more than once. If I had been the mate I should've been from the beginning you wouldn't have run away." I went to cut him off to tell him it wasn't his fault but he had other ideas. "I know you're going to tell me it's not my fault, but it is. And it is my burden I will have to bear, not yours. So please stop blaming yourself, it's not your fault." He said looking into my eyes. I could see all the pain he felt in his eyes, I just burrowed my head into his chest, my turn to comfort him. After a while of sitting like that Damen told me I should visit my mom. 

My Mom. 

How could I have forgotten to do that? She needs someone right now, and the goddess knows that my father or Briella won't be. I jumped from the bed, kissing Damen on the cheek and sprinted down to my mom's room. 

There I saw the picture of heartbreak. My mom was curled up in bed, looking at a picture of my brother, bawling her eyes out. I just did exactly what Damen did for me. I crawled into bed and hugged my mom, letting her know I was here and that we would get through this together.  

"Don't worry mom, it will be okay, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." I whispered. 

I don't know how long we stayed like that but I heard my mom's breathing even out - she fell asleep. All the crying and pain must have taken a lot out of her. I got out of bed and before I left I made sure to pull the covers up around her. I decided then and there that there was something I needed to do for my mom, or she would never fully recover from this on top of my father's incessant cheating. I made my way down to Damen's office and walked in without knocking. Damen was sitting behind his desk looking a scrumptious as ever. Head out of the gutter Cassidy. I chanted to myself.  

"Damen," I said to get his attention. He looked up at me expectantly, "There's something I think we need to do for my mom..." I trailed off not knowing where to go from there. 

"What is it?" He asked, his brow furrowing. 

"I think it's time to break the bond between my parents. All he does is cheat and its slowly killing her wolf. She's not going to survive much longer with the added pain of losing a pup." I said my heart hurting for my poor mom. She never deserved to have such a cheating whore of a mate. She deserved someone like Logan - if he wasn't dead I would've introduced them. I thought that they would hit it off before that day... Shaking my head of the gruesome thoughts I looked back to Damen. "I know it's possible, so do you think we can do it for her? It's not done often because it's painful but this - what she has been enduring for my entire life - is worse. Will you help her Damen, you're the Alpha, only you can do it." I pleaded with him. 

"No one should have to endure that." Damen said sadly, he must've been thinking that he had done something similar, something just as painful. "Of course I'll help her, when should we do this? We have to give them heads up and ask for at least one of their permission too." 

"I know, and the sooner the better." I said. 

My mom deserved a chance at finding happiness, a life without any ties to my father. Technically his cheating is punishable by pack law also. Maybe, just maybe, I could end her suffering for good...

________________________________________

Please let me know what you think!

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY:)

-Pluto