Chapter 25 - Party Trick

I, AS THE WRITER, DO NOT CONDONE ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU.

Dear Internet Diary,

          "I tried to tell them it wasn't true, but it was too late. Tania tried too, but we were too slow. Now, most people know you aren't throwing a party, but since they're already on their way, they're coming anyway. What do we do?" Lucas says. Tania appears behind him a second later. Jace runs his hand down his hair and exhales profoundly before answering. "And you're sure there's no way to stop them from coming here?" Jace questions. They both nod their heads. "Looks like we're having a party," Jace says regretfully.

          He gets up from the ground and extends his hand to me. I grab it, and he pulls me up off the bed easily. "I guess that means you ladies have a party to get ready for," Jace says while looking at me. I roll my eyes at him while my face holds a grin. I let go of his hand and walk towards Tania. She smirks at me and we exit the bedroom. 

           Once we're upstairs Tania speaks. "I can't believe Jace let you into his bedroom. He doesn't let girls in." I turn my head to the side and decide best to think nothing of it. I know it doesn't mean anything and try to change the subject. "What are we going to wear?" I ask discussing the problem at hand. "You let me worry about that," she responds, and we enter a bedroom. The first thing I notice is the unmade bed with a crumpled duvet. Funnily enough, this bedroom is across the hall from where I slept. 

        "Take a seat," Tania tells me as she goes through her bag

        "Take a seat," Tania tells me as she goes through her bag. Instead of listening to her I start making the bed. When she turns around and sees me fixing the bed, she helps me out. "You don't have to do this Melody." "I know, but I wanted to,"I respond. "Sorry if it's still a little messy. I didn't make my bed this morning. Lucas didn't really give me time to make it if you get what I mean," she says and we laugh.

         When we finish making the bed, we lay on it. We stare at the ceiling fan for a while. "How come only Jace gets to call you Savannah?" Tania asks me as we stare at the ceiling. I turn my head and look at her. "To be honest, I don't know." She turns her body and faces me. I continue speaking but look down at the duvet as I speak. "You can call me Savannah if you want. It's just... well... it's pretty terrifying hearing the name I was called back then. When I'm called Melody, I'm not the girl who was cheated on. I'm the girl who had her school sent an fake apologetic email to her. I'm not the girl who was abducted her third year. I'm just a girl in college. I'm no one special. I'm just me."

         Tania nods her head, as I get up and sit up on the bed. "You can't run from your past Savannah. None of us can," she tells me as she gets up and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Believe me, if we could, I wouldn't be here right now. Things would be very different." I face her and smile at her. "Still doesn't make it any easier." I breathe and look away. After a couple of seconds, I look back at her and say, "Anyways, what are we going to wear?"