Chapter 9 - The Meeting

Dear Internet Diary,

      Filled with both shock and eager, Jenny leans over the table, and squeals, "OMG! Can you just believe he just asked me out! I can't believe it! He actually likes me! AHHHHH! OMG! I have to get ready. See you guys later!" As soon as she finishes, she turns around and starts to jog away. I look back at Tania, who gives me a pitiful smile. Before I can say a word, Jenny comes back. She throws her arms around me, and thanks me for setting her up with Jace. "Oh, My Gosh Melody! I can't thank you enough. I don't know how I'll ever repay you." I give her a fake smile. "I'm so happy for you, but shouldn't you be getting ready for your date?" I say with a subtle hint of sass. 

      "OMG! You're so right! I have to go. Bye girls!" Jenny then runs out of the cafeteria, and I'm left to deal with the annoyed smile plastered on Tania's face. "If I hear one more 'OMG!' come out of her mouth, I'm going to lose it. She shouldn't be the one getting ready for a date with Jace, that should be you." Tania says as bluntly as possible. 

      "Tania," I breathe out, "Jace made his choice." Tania stands up with her hands on her hips, as she gets up from the table, and draws the attention of a small crowd. "That's BS Melody! Complete and utter BS. He would have never, and I repeat never, would've asked her out if you hadn't said what you said."

      "Well, what do you want me to do about it?! It's too late now, and I'm not about to become a homewrecker either." I spit out my last few words, before getting up and walking away. I lost my appetite, and now the entire cafeteria was looking at us. "Show's over people," Tania says as she grabs her belongings and my lunch. 

      Moments after I'm out the door, I hear Tania calling my name. I keep walking and ignore her.  She catches up to me and apologizes for what just happened. "I'm sorry too," I tell her feeling slightly down over our fight. "It's just, I don't want to jump into anything. I'm not ready. After seeing Preston at the party yesterday, I... I'm just not ready. Okay?"Tania nods her head and hands me the burrito and drink I ordered. I smile up at her, and give a hug, after taking my food. "Thanks!" I tell her after letting her go. "Let's start walking to the meeting," she says after hugging me.

      At the meeting, we listen to Principal Davis speak with the same enthusiasm he spoke with last time. Unlike the first meeting, this time the students are divided into groups by their last name. We line up around the auditorium and go to our designated spot. I go to the stand with the letters R-T on it. I tell the lady at my stand my last name, and she hands me my schedule. I grab my schedule and look over my classes.

      On the top of the paper, it reads "Schedule for Melody Nicole Ravenna Lusiana." I look at my Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes. 

1st class is at 9:30 a.m. with Professor Castwell for English Lit. 

2nd class is at 10:40 a.m. with Professor Wizzor for Fit Bootcamp. 

3rd class is at 1:00 p.m. with Professor Landsbury for Physics 1.

      Next, I look at my Tuesday and Thursday classes.

1st class is at 9 a.m. with Professor Scholtz for Calculus 1.

2nd class is at 10:30 a.m. with Professor Devans for History of Civilizations since 1500.

3rd class is at 12:45 p.m. with Professor Mains for Italian 1.

      "Now I know all y'all are excited to go to your professors and tour campus, but if any of y'all want to stay for a game of dodge-ball, meet us at the tennis courts in half an hour." Mr. Davis says over the speaker. The moment he stops talking, everyone starts doing their own thing. Some people are leaving to go to the tennis courts, others stay and talk with their friends.