Chapter 18 - Will We Survive?

Please excuse any cuss words or any foul language in this song. The song is just here for you to know what they were listening to. DO NOT LISTEN TO IT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. You don't need the music to read the book. 

Dear Internet Diary,

        I look at the side view mirror and see a pair of headlights in the distance. Fear starts to come over me, and Jace changes the music to something more appropriate for the situation. The beginning tips me off, but then the real music comes on I start chuckling at it. The tempo is constant with the heat of the situation. Jace starts speeding up his car, and our chaser is catching up.

        Instead of our follower going at the same pace as us, they start picking up speed and only speed up from there. They get closer. I look over at Jace and see a scowl appear on his face. He moves the gear shift, and we start going over 193 kph (120 mph). I hear this beauty's engine roar as we speed down the vacant road, but I can't let go of this feeling that the black truck that's following us is Mr Blue's. We're along the side of a mountain, and nearing towards a ditch.

       The distance decreases as he nears Jace's car. I start taking deep breaths and try to calm down. Jace's face is highlighted by his anger. He speeds, even more, passing the 265 kph (152 mph) mark. The truck gets so close I can almost make out the driver's face with Jace's taillights. "Shit," Jace says. "He has nitro." I look at him with fear and perplexed by the situation at hand. He responds to me without taking his eyes off the road. "Nitrous Oxide makes your car go faster, and I already used mine. Dammit! " he shouts the last word out. 

        Jace continues to speed up, but looks at me for a second and says, "I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me driving you home, you'd be safe right now." At the last word, we're hit by the truck from behind. The back of my head hits the headrest, and my head starts to throb. We're hit again, and this time it's harder than the last. "Where'd he get so much nitro?" Jace asks himself. I turn my head to him and say, "Jace."

        He looks at me before we're thrown off the road. "HOLD ON TIGHT," Jace yells. Those are the last words I hear as we tumble down the hill. I scream as we collide with the world around us. I can't think about anything else, but the world that's before my eyes. It's spinning and crashing. 

       The glass breaks even more with every quarter turn. Shards leaving their place and flying my way. The top of the car bends and creaks with every hit it endures. The lyrics of the song start to break apart, as the radio shatters into pieces. 

        My seat-belt yanks at my body and it caused me to lose my breath. When the car finally stops turning, my eyes start to close, and I look over to my side. Jace isn't there. "He isn't there," is the last thing I think before I close my eyes and lose consciousness.

Sincerely, 

       Melody N. Ravenna