Chapter 6 - The Next Morning

Dear Internet Diary,

      "Savannah. Babe. Talk to me." Preston says as he grabs my hand. I release my hand from his grip." I already said I am sorry. Come on Sav. Cut me some slack. It was just a kiss." I close my locker and turn my body toward him.

      "No Preston. We're done. You couldn't wait for me, much less look for me while I was gone? Now, on my first day back at school I see you making out with some chick, and you want me to forgive you?!" I say bitterly. "No. My answer is no, Preston."

      "Fine! But don't come crying back to me when you see no one else wants you." Preston says with anger. He then turns around and stomps away like a little boy who didn't get his way.

     His figure starts to change the farther he gets away. With every step, his figure is consumed by the darkness, as he blends in with the background. With a few more steps, I'm surrounded by the darkness.

      I hear a voice to the left of me and see no person there. I look up and what I see, are the old rusting chains that bind my wrists. My arms are stretched far apart. "No," I say to myself. I look down and see I'm sitting down with my legs stretched out in front of me. "No! Not again!" I cry as I try to break free. I shake vigorously as I try to free myself. I hear the same voice cackling at me, and I continue to fight the grip of my chains. "NO!!!" I scream aloud from the top of my lungs.

      Waking up with a scream, I realize I'm on my bed, and safe inside my dorm. I look around me to find any sign of Tania. I see she's still asleep on her bed, and I'm glad my scream didn't wake her up. I'm cloaked in my own sweat, and so is part of my bed.

      I check the time on my phone. It's 2:53 a.m. Knowing that sleep won't come again for a while, I get up from my bed, and head to the bathroom. When I turn on the bathroom light, I see my bloodshot eyes in my reflection. I see the thin layer of mascara that has cascaded down my cheeks. I see the bags that formed under my eyes and have swollen a bit.

       At the sight of my reflection, I decided to take a shower. I leave the bathroom to gather my necessities. Upon exit, I notice how cold the air in our dorm is and shiver. I check the thermostat and see that the temperature is at 65°. Moving rapidly about my dorm, I grab all my belongings and head back into the bathroom. I turn on the hot water and let it wash away my fears.

      By the time I come out of my shower, the water has gone cold. I dry myself off and put on a new pair of pyjamas. I guess Tania must have changed me since the dress I wore was in the laundry bin. I exit the bathroom and see the dawn rising from behind the windows blinds. Since sleep is the farthest thing from my mind, and Tania and I have nothing to do until the afternoon, I turn on Wattpad on my phone.

      By the time noon nearly strikes, Tania starts to wake up, and I just finished reading Mafia Love and started reading Perfect Addiction by claudiaoverhere.

      Tania rolls over and gives me a small smile. "What time is it?" she asks as she yawns and stretches herself out.

"It's 11:57 a.m." I say with a small chuckle.

"Sleep well?" Tania asks me with some hesitation.

      I remain quiet for a bit before answering. "Could've been better. At least I got to catch up on some reading."

      Tania nods her head and gets up out of bed. She walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. I look up at her face with bewilderment and let her know I'm alright. She nods again and walks back to her side. She grabs her things and heads to the bathroom. I shake my head at her worry over what happened last night. Don't get me wrong. I'm truly terrified by what happened last night, but I don't plan on going out again for a while.

      I hear the bathroom door open and see Tania's head sticking out of it. In a casual manner she says, "By the way, Jace will need his jacket back. And I changed you out of my dress cause I don't want you to ruin it. No offense."

      As Tania starts to close the door, I stop her. "Who's Jace?" I ask with genuine confusion. Tania's face carries a knowing smile. "Who is he, Tania?" I ask again. This time Tania's smile widens.

"He's your knight in shining armour." She says romantically with her hands together atop her heart. I give her a judgmental look, and she corrects herself. "He's the guy who saved you from Dylan. The guy you almost kissed. He wore an all-black outfit and looked appealing as can be. Remember?"

      Realization strikes me. He's the guy who aided me when I was trying to get Dylan to leave me alone. He's also the guy I defended from Preston. He's the guy who wore the leather jacket yesterday. Huh? I think to myself.

      He's the guy with the dark brown Pompadour hairstyle. He's the guy with the body of a model, yet I can't stop thinking about what happened after I was outside. At some point, Tania disappeared into the bathroom and left me alone to ponder my thoughts. "Who is this guy?" I ask myself aloud. "And why did he help me?"

Sincerely,

Melody N. Ravenna

Please vote guys! :)