Chapter 9: Gotta Need a Spark To Ignite

6k words for you guys. Sorry for taking so long ,___,

__________________________________

"Alright ... so this is where you live?"
Yoongi looked around the streets when Jimin pulled out a key to open the front door of the house.
"Yeah, at least Hoseok lives here. The apartment is nice. You'll like it"
Yoongi grumbled something.
Taehyung looked at his friend and whispered to him. "What do you think will happen when the two alpha wolfs will collide? Who will conquer Jimin's heart?"
"Shut up that sounds like a stupid fanfiction" Jungkook mumbled and followed the two other males into the house and up the stairs.
Jimin took two stairs in one step until he arrived at the apartment door. He knocked hectically and waited impatiently for Hoseok to open the door.
They heard the science student's footsteps and then how the doorknob turned.
"Hey, Jiminnie and ... oh, hello. Another new face"
Yoongi snorted.
"You're Hoseok?"
The student nodded and quickly scammed the smaller male's appearance. "Yes, I am. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"
"Can we explain everything inside?" Jimin interrupted. "He is going to help us, he is nice Hoseok, don't worry"
"If you say so" Hoseok mumbled and let everyone pass. He closed the door and led the four into the living room and let them sit down on the couch.
"Now, Jiminnie, would you like to explain who this stray is?"
"I can speak by myself" Yoongi hurried to whisper to Jimin and carefully laid a hand on the boy's thigh to prevent him from speaking.
Hoseok exhaled deeply.
"I'm Yoongi. I live near the junkyard in my workshop and Jimin and Dumb and Dumber" Taehyung and Jungkook coughed unnoticeable, "walked right into my traps, which were actually there to prevent that some of those things try to wander around my junkyard. And freed them and Jimin showed me the list of tools you need"
Hoseok crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Yeah, so?"
"Well, you must be extremely optimistic or really dumb to hope to find such rare things on a junkyard"
Hoseok raised an eyebrow. Yoongi went on. "You are sending Jimin and those two kids onto a really dangerous run and expect them to find those? Don't want to get your own ass into trouble, huh?"
Hoseok looked at the boy next to Yoongi. "He's nice? I don't see the point in keeping him longer than necessary in my apartment"
"No!" Jimin hurried to say. "Please, trust me"
He gently slaped Yoongi's arm. "Explain how you can help"
The red-head hissed but did what Jimin asked for.
"Alright. I have those tools. Good ones, nice quality. But, what I wondered, was ... what do you need them for? Are you some kind of genius to build the best machines ever or what do you try?"
"Well" Hoseok began and took a seat inside the armchair in front of the couch.
"I'm studying science and I try to find out where this whole ... situation ... has come from. I build a few machines, yeah, and I try upgrade them to get more exact results than such vague ones"
"Where are they?" Yoongi asked and got up. Hoseok pointed behind him into the right corner of the living room and the red-head walked over to the machines. He inspected them, knocked gently with his fist against the casing and looked at the wires Hoseok had used.
He chuckled.
"That's really a rookie's work, huh? What were you trying to do?"
Hoseok stood up as well and walked to Yoongi.
"This one was for measuring the intensity of the earthquake and if there are still some earthquakes to follow"
Yoongi hummed.
"And this?"
"Radio waves and other signals are going to get caught by this machine"
Another hum before Yoongi laughed.
"My, this looks like you really had no idea what you were doing" Yoongi muttered and took himself a chair from a near table.
"Bring me a wrench and screwdriver. And a towel and a soldering bolt. I have to fix a few things. Otherwise this shit is going to explode on no time"
Hoseok hesitated and looked at the smaller red-head.
"Will you hurry up now or shall I go?"
Hoseok inhaled sharply and turned around.
"Jimin can you get them out of the broom closet?"
The boy nodded and got up to get the needed tools.
"Alright, what did I do wrong?" Hoseok asked impatiently and grabbed a chair to sit next to Yoongi.
"Look here" the red-head muttered. "Those wires are not correctly connected and this piece here is extremely loose, it could break just by touching it. And this here" he pointed at a thin layer of dust inside one of the machines, "this can be lethal for your measuring. You have to clean it more often"
Jimin returned with the wanted tools and handed them to Yoongi.
"Thanks, cutie. Now look here, Hoseok"
The man hissed at the pet name and Jimin hurried to escape the build-up tension between the two males. He walked over to Jungkook and Taehyung.
"Let's get out of here. I show you guys the food chamber and then I can make you a little bit to eat if you are hungry"
Jungkook looked at his friend and nodded.
"Yeah, that would be great"