11 DAYS BEFORE THE INTRUSION

Maggie walks down the stairs as I wake up in my bed. I can tell that Garred is gone. I try to get up but the pain in my head is so much. I fall back onto my pillow.

I rise up again and this time I manage to sit straight up. I walk over to my door and open it carefully. I hate Garred for what he did. He could of killed me.

Maggie is sitting there on the phone.

"Yes, but you cut us off of your world!"

There was a long scary pause.

"Don't say sorry. You have hurt me enough!" She slammed the phone down.

"Mom? Who was that?" I ask.

"Oh, it's just your aunt. She wants to have you and leave me here so I can restart my life. And then when I am ready I can get you guys back."

"Why don't you do that?"

"Your aunt, my sister... When we were young she sort of just blew it. She said that I wasn't ready to marry Garred, well I guess she was right. But back then I was really stubborn and got married to him. She said that that really hurt her and that she never ever wanted to see me again. Ever. That day, my heart broke. She has never spoken to me since then until now."

"Oh...You never told me this," was all I could think of saying.

"No, I have never told anyone."

"Where is aunt now?"

"She is in California and she met a guy... I forgot his name... but yeah... that is all I know about her life since 8 years ago."

Wow, I never really knew about my aunt. I knew she existed but I have never ever seen her in person. She was always a mystery to me. Maggie never said her name, she never talked about it, and she never ever said we were going to visit her. They had split apart for good and they and never forgiven each other.

How could two people just split apart like that and never want to see each other eve again? Even if they were sisters? It's crazy.

I hope I get to see my aunt one day if they ever get over the fight.

Garred arrived a few minutes after out conversation so I just headed towards my room and locked myself in it. The whole house is quiet for maybe an hour and then Garred starts slamming something. It shakes the entire house. Ellie comes racing into my room.

"Ellie, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just don't like loud noises. They bother me," she replied.

"Oh, well what is Garred doing?"

"He is hitting the wall, I think he is drunk."

When is Garred not drunk?

Never, is the correct answer.